Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Two yeses and one no.

Got a couple of things recently and two things get a big thumbs up, the other one a big thumbs down; but does have a positive spin on it.

I saw these online and thought I'd order some and give them a go:

I got mine at Amazon here, and have to say they work a treat.  If you wear glasses, these are so handy to cart around with you.  Also as my fingers get stiff I find this easier to use.

Dd was telling me about these paint by number kits in Dollarama. Left one is a lion, right one is a peacock.


Now as you all know I don't have an artistic bone in my body when it comes to painting, but even I figured I could manage these paint by number ones, and at $4.25 each I didn't think they were badly priced.  In fact there seemed to be a lot of different crafts that has appeared at Dollarama.  I will post the finished article when I get around to doing them.  By the way they come with all the paints and brush.

Now for the thumbs down.  Hubby uses a CPAP machine to breath on a night.  He has a full face mask and saw these mask liners on Amazon, so we bought some here is the link.
Hubby did not like them at all.  They fit as promised and were comfortable, but they caused so many leaks, that it just wasn't worthwhile using them.  The upside to all of this, is the company offers a 100% money back guarantee, and refunded me right away.  So if you wear a mask and suffer from redness on the face where your mask touches your face it may be worthwhile trying them.

So two yeses and one no.........and I had to look up what the plural of yes was!!

(The plural of ‘yes’ is either ‘yeses’ or ‘yesses’. While there are some dictionaries that suggest that the word ‘yes’s’ could also be used as the plural of ‘yes’, this is generally considered not to be best practice, and thus you are better sticking with one of the other two.  As per grammarhow.com)


10 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

The glass cleaners are neat. Yes, it is hard on fingers to clean glasses.
Yes's would seem to indicate that it is a possessive. So, I could never agree that.

Joy said...

A great shame the masks don't work as it's such a good idea. Perhaps there are others you can try?
xx

Donna said...

Sorry about the mask but the glasses cleaner is worth a try! Thanks!
hugs
Donna

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I've seen those glass cleaners advertised but didn't know if they were worth trying. I'm curious to know how they themselves can be cleaned.
Too bad about the CPap liners though - my DH used to use one of those machines and he always had a red mark on his face.

Maggie said...

Hope you will share the paint by numbers when you have made some progress, I always look at those and think they would be fun to do.

Jenn Jilks said...

I am continually cleaning my glasses!

Linda said...

Found your blog again from a comment n Marie’s English Kitchen. I use CPAP and my person at Medigas did not recommend the mask liners for the same reason you mentioned, leaks. I have got some good deals on mask cushions from Amazon. Will check out your other posts.

Jackie said...

Hmm, the glass cleaners look really interesting.

God bless.

Angela said...

To get round the issue of the plural of yes, you could always use the parliamentary system of Ayes and Noes. (which I thought was eyes and nose when I first heard it)

William Kendall said...

I like the idea of the glass cleaners.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...