Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Nothing Happening Here...........

I mean really nothing happening.  Which is the way I like it.  I spent Monday doing some cleaning and laundry.  Then spent a while doing my cross stitch.  I am finding a number of mistakes in this pattern the more I get into it!!

Daughter is away on vacation...lucky duck!!  Facetimed me and asked me what we had been up too........which I replied.....nothing.  

I have been binge watching Our GirlLOVED the first series.........



Then Michelle Keegan took over as lead actress in series 2.  Series 2 was alright.  Then started series 3 and I can see this getting more and more unbelievable and unrealistic as each episode is aired.

Such a shame Lacey Turner left after the first series as I thought she did a good job.  I like Michelle Keegan as an actress, but not loving her in this.

We are watching it on BritBox got a promo for $1.99 per month for the first two months.  Figured we would see if we liked it before committing to it.

Right, now back to my "nothing!!"

12 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I like it when "nothing" happens. Well, if I am expecting something that does not happen, then I am not happy...lol.

Joy said...

'Nothing' sounds good to me. I love a bit of nothing to fill with something nice and restful! Have a wonderful nothing. xx

angela said...

You have inspired me to do a cross stitch.
I’ve bought a very simple little one. Hopefully I’ll finish it and will post a pic once I’m done.

Donna said...

Haven't seen this but we love Brit Box! And Acorn...(anywhere there's Midsomer Murders..and Poirot!
hugs
Donna

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love days of nothing! Although, mind you, 'nothing' for me means entire days of nothing but stitching.

Belinda said...

I love days like that where I have nothing to do. I’m such a home body.

Winifred said...

I absolutely love "Nothing" days.

Didn't see Our Girl, no idea why but obviously in 2013 something else took my fancy.

Some of my favourite dramas over the last few years have been:
- Last Tango in Halifax, fabulous cast!
- The Split, again a great cast.
- Death in Paradise, always makes me smile there were changes in the cast over the years
butlove that setting!
- Endeavour what a great prequel to Inspector Morse, so sad it finished on Sunday with a
lovely glimpse of John Thaw in his car's front mirror as that fabulous theme music
started to play.
- Shetland, the sun never shone there even though it does occasionally!
- George Gently, well what can you say about this great crime series with Martin Shaw & Lee
Ingleby & shot in my neck of the woods.
The mark of a great series is when the last seconds play you're just so sad!

Sadly British comedy has gone to the dogs. Total rubbish compared to the likes of As Time Goes By, Gaviv & Stacey, Dinner Ladies & The Vicar of Dibley. The most recent comedy I've enjoyed was Car Share with Peter Kay & Sian Gibson. Not everybody's cup of tea but I hope now Peter Kay is back they'll do another series.

William Kendall said...

Nothing days have their merit.

Jenn Jilks said...

Sounds like they jumped the shark!

Jackie said...

Many times nothing is absolutely perfect.

God bless.

Karen said...

We all seem to be suffering doldrums Gill.

Rose said...

I will try this series...we watch a lot of Britbox...and PBS Masterpiece.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...