Friday, March 17, 2023

Cross stitch update and another birthday gift....

this is my weekly update on my vines and ladders cross stitch.  Not sure how much I got done this week?


Dd asked me what I wanted for my birthday so I suggested a cross stitch subscription.  She looked into it and the postage was super expensive  to get to Canada, so she came up with the idea of making up six separate packages and I can open them one per month for the next six months.  What a super idea, right?

This is what was in month 1:


A floss organizer and a Happy Camper cross stitch kit.

Here is what the other packages look like (there are 3 packages in the box):


It's the gift that keeps on giving.  So on the 15th of the month I will open another package.

11 comments:

Angela said...

What a lovely idea. Your cross stitch is coming on beautifully. Mine has been a little neglected this week. But I did spend a long train journey planning designs on graph paper, which was fun, and took my mind off other things 😊❤️👍

William Kendall said...

That is a good idea.

Maggie said...

Vines and Ladders is looking good, you're making great progress. What a lovely idea for a present :)

Donna said...

What a fun idea!!
Your hand work is beautiful!
hugs
Donna

Linda said...

Such a lovely gift. I got one of those floss organizers awhile ago and just love it. Lot of great progress in your vines and ladders cross stitch.

My Piece of Earth said...

Vines and ladders looking very nice. A monthly gift idea is great, when my Mum was alive, I did the same thing with flowers, a new bunch every month.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a super gift idea! Gotta love the prices for postage to Canada which puts a crimp in a lot of our fun.
You're making a lot of progress on your Vines & Ladders project.

Barbara Anne said...

Well done on the Vines and Ladders. :)

What fun to have multiple packages to open!!

I always used DMC floss and one of my best and most useful purchases was the DMC color chart listing all of the colors by name and number along with a small color sample. I then kept the floss in numerical order so it was easy to see if I had what I needed for a pattern. I didn't have your wizard organizer, so my floss was in letter size envelopes with the number/name on the outside upper right corner.

Rose said...

That is a great idea for your daughter to make them up...and yes, the gift that keeps on giving.

Jackie said...

Such a lovely idea.

Your ladders and vines stitchery looks very good. Not much longer and you will be done.

God bless.

Practical Parsimony said...

That is a clever idea! And, the gifts will be nice to open each month.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...