Thursday, August 20, 2009

Odds and Ends.......

It's one of those bits of this and bits of that post.

My dear four legged friend had me up at 4:30am on Wednesday morning as she wanted a pee. Now I have to say it was a blessing, as I saw the most gorgeous night sky ever. It was just covered in stars, I have never seen so many stars in years. With living in the city, you got a lot of light pollution and of course airplanes. This sky was just stunning. I would have taken a photo, but it was 4:30am for goodness sakes, no one in their right mind is up at that time of the morning......well other than dh, poor thing.

Anyhow after telling Molly she had to go back to sleep, she let me sleep until around 6:15am, and when I let her out, the sky was stunning again. I have posted the photos of those on my Skywatch Friday post, which will be up around 2:30pm today. I have never, ever seen a sky like this before, let me know what you think, you won't be disappointed.

So on Wednesday I got the rest of the grass cut. I even washed and cleaned the lawn tractor when I finished; the poor thing is collapsed in the garage suffering from shock over being washed!! It was a beautiful day with little to no humidity. I of course decided to finish off cutting the field after I watched Eastenders at 12:30pm. Which is all well and good but now I have sun burnt knees!!! I know who but me would get sun burnt knees??? I must say they are stinging. I normally wear pants when I cut the grass, but had my shorts on this time. I would take a photo of my knees, but seeing my knees once on this blog on this post, is scary enough for anyone!! Just try to visualize them being bright red!!

I call Staples to find out what's happening with my laptop and they have ordered a new motherboard for it???? They reckon there is nothing wrong with the charger??? Funny, when dh plugged in his Dell charger on my Dell laptop it charged no problem. Oh well, at least I know I won't be paying a penny for this. I just hope its not the start of a lot of problems with the computer, as it is only 18 months old.

If you are an animal lover, please read this story How anyone could be so cruel is beyond me?

I have a neat post done up for Friday....just a little teaser, it involves vinegar!!!

ALSO AGAIN A BIG, BIG THANK YOU FOR POPPING BY MY BLOG, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A COMMENT I LOVE TO READ THEM, AS YOU ARE ALL A WEALTH OF INFORMATION.

8 comments:

Decadent Housewife said...

Aren't the stars just stunning? Just like diamonds thrown across velvet.

Grumpy Old Ken said...

You are very canadian now, pants indeed! Re the neglected dog. these people are not normal, there is no hope for them except to keep them away from animals.

Niki said...

wasn't there a meteor shower a few days ago, Gill? Perhaps that's something to do with the beautiful sky?
Take care of your knees :o)

Clippy Mat said...

hmm dell laptops. had bad experience with them once too. :-)

mommanator said...

My dau and I go out late @ nite most eves, after the kiddos are settled, the skies have been amazing the past few days!

Aravind [Kaeps] said...

the stars really made me think of one my humors, i was in drunken stupor after a night of bacchanalian revelry,a village side, saw the sky,, to my surprise i discoverd a RED Star in the sky. i was like kind of "Eurekha",,, but oh some idiot shouted its the tower light.
Sorry for ur knees,, please take care.

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful being up very early in the morning! I'd like to get into the routine of getting up at 5am on Saturdays, as of yet I'm not managing it!

Scrappy quilter said...

I love the night skies in the country too. They are just incredible. The clouds you have shown are amazing. Beautiful photography. Hugs.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...