Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What to talk about on Tuesday.......

honestly I have drawn a blank, which is strange as I normally have lots to say!!

I did learn something the other day, which may be of interest. When cutting the grass, keep your mouth closed. Why you ask......well it's grasshopper season and if they jump and you have your mouth open they can get into your mouth........how I know this, yep it happened to me....icky, icky, icky!!

Molly is going to drive me to an early grave......as she is a beagle I can't let her off the leash, as she will wander off. So I have her on an extra long lead when she is outside, but she is forever getting tangled up around things. I always thought dogs were intelligent, but not this one!! Then she insists on getting under the deck of the mudroom where the previous owners threw all their construction garbage. So I have to clean that all out, not a job I am looking forward to doing. There are obviously mice under there which is what is attracting her to there.

Glorious day on Monday, no humidity at all and the temperature was perfect. Got a bit of grass cut and even got some cleaning done, including cleaning the family room windows. I have found my motivation lacking for cleaning the house recently, so hopefully if this cooler weather holds, I will be more inclined to clean the house.

Do you do Spring and Fall/Back end cleaning in your house? I don't, I know I should but honestly with all the renovations we're doing, its a total waste of time!!

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Gill I was trying to think of something to say on my blog as well. I guess we all have days like that.

I sent an envelope of coupons your way. I hope the addy was right.

Hugs

DeniseinVA said...

Always an enjoyable read Gill, even every day life can be interesting. I have been doing a little bit each day of cleaning up. Since our son moved out we have been trying to clear things out in a major way. The only problem is we are storing quite a lot of his stuff still as he has no room for them. Our basement which is a fitted one and where he used to live very comfortably, is now overstuffed!!! In the meantime, little by little I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Evelyn said...

I don't spring or fall clean, really don't have the time to do any more than "maintain" the house. evelyn

DianeLynn said...

LOL about your dog...I have one that is always getting tangled up with the brush, trees and anything else. Oh well...

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...