Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Second day at work.........

and it went well, although I did sleep in, I didn't wake up until nearly 6:30am. Couldn't log onto the computer on Tuesday at work, so had to get my boss to do it..........I don't know!! Still things are trotting along nicely, and it's surprising how much I have remembered. The drive in was 50 minutes, so managed to shave 5 minutes off my journey. Still enjoy the scenery while driving. If I remember I must take my camera with me, so I can take some photos. The view at one point is breathtaking.

I have to call in for gas for the car on Wednesday morning, I am using a 1/4 of a tank of gas per day for my journey to and from work. I drove through some nasty weather on the way home. The heavens opened and it poured. Will say though it has cooled things down a little so that's good.

The way the garage is built, when it rains hard, it runs in through the front of the garage down one side. Well it was raining that hard today that it blew in under the other side of the walls of the garage {{{SIGH}}}, so we had to move a pile of stuff off the floor. My dad had put up some shelves, so dh just put things on there. This is a job that should have been done a while ago, it was a case of not having time to do it.

Now a little funny thing.....Linda who I am covering for left me a list of instructions, which was good, as I have said before it's been a year since I last worked there and things have changed. However the last thing she wrote was instructions on how to make the coffee. I laughed such a lot at that, as she knows me so well, I hate to make coffee at work, and will do most things but make coffee, and she knew my excuse would be I don't know how to do it. So she wrote down exactly how to make coffee......drat Linda, you know me too well!!!!

8 comments:

Aravind [Kaeps] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lakeland Jo said...

look forward to those en route pics

Clippy Mat said...

yes, what Jo said.
take your camera to work soon.
:-)

Tracey said...

I too look forward to the photo's of your journey to work..

also i know Canada is a big place but ask about will you to see if anyones surname is Wardill, i'm tracing my family tree ( see my other blog) and some went out there.. No point in me been shy hehehe..

The Good Life in Virginia said...

so happy you've adjusted to work again.
we are in a rainy cycle here. i think it has rained more this summer than any previous one since we moved here. mind you it keeps everything green but, it also makes for more mowing...uggh
have a good day.

dulwichmum said...

Milk and no sugar sweetie!

Scrappy quilter said...

Too funny on the coffee!!

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

Had a good giggle about coffee making. I'm shocking at making both tea and coffee, I'm sure it's an art!!! Hope you followed the instructions right down to the letter "t". Just love your blog and although I don't always comment, I make sure I get my daily dose of your wonderful blog. I love seeing what progress you have made on your beautiful home. Thanks Gill for sharing. Linda xoxo

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...