Thursday, August 6, 2009

I've been tagged......

I've been tagged by Karen over at 100 Mile Diet in Calgary. She has a really interesting and informative blog, you should check it out.

Anyhow, I am supposed to tell you 7 amazing things about me. I personally don't think there is anything amazing about me, so I'll tell you 7 things you may not know about me.

1. I am totally clueless when it comes to tools. A screwdriver is a totally foreign object to me, although I do know how to use a hammer!!

2. I am also "mechanically challenged." I put gas in my car and that is it. I blame both my dad and my dh for this problem, as neither took the time to teach me......LOL

3. I cannot barbecue AT ALL, I totally suck at it.......however I can bake and most people say I make good cookies and cakes.

4. I can be quite shy when in a large crowd........to those who know me that's a shocker, but honestly it's true.

5. I carried 2,600 pounds of plaster down two flights of stairs and I have a bad back....oh and I didn't lose a pound in weight.

6. Although I have seen the Full Monty numerous times I still laugh until I nearly pee my pants every time I see it.

7. With dh's help, we have brought up two amazing children, who are a joy and are two very productive young adults, with great careers ahead of them.

So there you go, not amazing things, but sort of interesting things.

I won't tag anyone specifically, but feel free to do it.

7 comments:

Linda said...

I'm glad lots of bloggers I know have been tagged with this. It is interesting. However, my post is still a wip.

I liked your seven things. I am supposed to be learning how to put LPG in the car, and haven't put petrol/gas in it for years, it is a different car now, so that makes it harder. The older cars were easier to put gas in I think.

I knew lots about cars, but I think that is fading out too lol.

I cannot BBQ, maybe if I bought a nice one, seems a risk to me lol.

Chris said...

They were wonderful and interesting and I liked your number 7 A very worthy thing to have done and you should be very porud of yourself to be able to say how well you've brought up your children, which I am sure you are.
Chris x

The Good Life in Virginia said...

a great seven things gill.
and thanks for sharing yourself with all of us.

have a wonderful thursday.

Scrappy quilter said...

I think you're one amazing lady, doing many amazing things on your new homestead. Great list!!

Anonymous said...

What a great list! Thanks for sharing it! Maybe the list should be 7 things people would never know about me - it could be a real giggle.

Winifred said...

That was great Gill.

I feel the same about The Full Monty. It makes me laugh and also cry. When they stand in the queue at the Job Centre and they start to move in synch I crease up.

Connie Walsh said...

"7. With dh's help, we have brought up two amazing children, who are a joy and are two very productive young adults, with great careers ahead of them."

That is pretty darn amazing to me.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...