Sunday, August 23, 2009

Today's Flower and other odds and ends

I popped some Morning Glory seeds in an old frozen yogurt container and put them outside, not knowing if they would grow or not. Here are the results, I had hoped they would grow large enough to drape over the old gate, but I guess not?
(click on the photos for more detail)










For more Today's Flower photos, please click on this link

I had another first on Saturday, I made cement as we put the second hearth in to bring the fireplace up to code. Its not finished yet, so I will take photos when we are finished, which should hopefully be this week.

Got more problems with my car..........this time the a/c. Luckily dh thinks he can mend it himself, as this problem has happened before.

Had a company bbq for the company I work for occasionally on Saturday............and they picked on me!!!! So if they are reading this I AM NOT COMING TO ANYMORE BBQ'S!!! LOL Don't worry I WILL make them suffer next time I am in work!!! Believe me THEY WILL SUFFER!!

Otherwise Saturday was pretty uneventful......

16 comments:

Evelyn said...

pretty Gill! lol I am not going to ask what they did to you at the barbecue!

Marju said...

Beautiful flowers!

Joanna said...

Hi Gill, I just found your blog through Today's Flowers. Here in BC we don't plant morning glories because the wild ones are so invasive that we're afraid we'll get more weeds. But yours is a pretty colour. I enjoyed reading your 50 tips for using vinegar...and other posts. I'll be back.

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful Morning Glories Gill, thanks for sharing them.

mommanator said...

like the blooms, so simplistic but so colorful!

i beati said...

I love this contrasting against the green- just love it

Naturegirl said...

Pretty colors in the pictures!

Rosamaria said...

They are delicate and pretty, Gil.

Good week!

Tammie Lee said...

lovely flowers and wishing you a better week~

Pat - Arkansas said...

I haven't grown any morning glories for years. Seeing yours makes me want to get some seeds to plant along the fence.

Even if they didn't cover the gate, they are still very pretty.

the Baitlady said...

Beautiful blooms! Plus... way to go on being so frugal and getting the shopping points. I love it!

Gunilla said...

Beautiful flowers and nice colours.

Gunilla in Sweden

Anonymous said...

Morning glories are always nice to have in the garden.Hummimgbirds love them too!!

Arija said...

Love your flowers, and go for it girl, make 'em suffer!

Mia N said...

Your Morgning Glories are lovely. I have same, but they are rosed(pink)color.

Unknown said...

Such lovely flowers and colors!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...