Sunday, December 31, 2023

Happy New Year's Eve

I have had a busy week with one thing and another.  I am glad it's New Year's Eve, as I am hoping to have a couple of restful days.  It's not even 10am, but I have supper all prepared/cooking.  Got some chicken breasts on clearance yesterday, so have them in the slow cooker covered in Oregano and Feta salad dressing, they smell yummy.  There is enough for a couple of days, plus I chopped off some "bits" from the chicken breasts and will cook them and put them in hubby lunch.  Made a garden salad, again will last us a couple of days, so easy meals sorted.

I have a couple of cross stitch projects on the go at the moment.  Now I don't normally like to start one without finishing another, but I am making a weather temperature chart cross stitch for 2024, so it will be an ongoing project.

 I purchased a pattern for the Weather temperature cross stitch chart from Little Side Stitches on Etsy.  I have made a start, and as I said before I cannot do it all at once, as I need to check the weather temperature every day.  Though there are a few things I can get done before hand.



I am also stitching a Wrendale Robin from the calendar that was included in the December issue of "The World of Cross Stitching."

I haven't got too much done yet, as despite how little it looks that I have done, there are so many colour changes just in that little bit. It looks as though I have only used 4 colours at the most, but there are many more in that little bit, all very slight colour variations.  It will be lovely when done, but I am finding it hard going.

So a Happy New Years Eve, from our house to yours and I will talk to you in 2024!



2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Must admit I am intrigued by the temperature project...certainly more doable perhaps than a blanket or scarf. Will be fun to watch yours progress.
Happy New Year's Eve (and 2024 too!)

Jackie said...

What a neat idea for a temperature chart. I will also be interested in seeing your progress.

God bless, and Happy New Year.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...