Thursday, December 7, 2023

Pardon? What did you Say?



Yep, I have discovered I have been finding it harder to hear, especially when there is a lot of back ground noise.  So figured I would get a hearing test to see what, if anything is going on.  I was told years ago that Northern European women are more susceptible to hearing loss.

Also another reason I made the appointment was to be the first one to go and survive, so there was no excuse for hubby not to go!!!!  This is not the first test I have had to do so that hubby would go........yes I know I am his enabler...LOL  I will say though I did put my foot down when he needed to go for a colonoscopy, and made him go first!

Also another member of the family is dragging their heels about going and so I can give that person another push when I have had mine done.  That person definitely needs hearing aids but is in denial ๐Ÿ˜•

Update.  Had the test done, and I am perfectly fine for my age and I don't need to go back for another few years, unless I have a problem.

One thing I did find out today; that hearing loss and dementia are linked?  Did not know that, you can read about it here.


Oh and hubby is booked in to go tomorrow.....finger's crossed he survives the test๐Ÿ˜œ



7 comments:

angela said...

Wow I did not know about the correlation between hearing loss and dementia
My hubby is deaf in one ear and his hearing is down in the other
He’s father has dementia now and his fathers sister had it too.
Looks like he’s going to have to start having tests

Magpie's Mumblings said...

My DH needs hearing aids I know but he also has tinnitus and that's a whole 'nother issue that hearing aids apparently don't help. I have learned, after having my Dad who was hard of hearing living with us, and now DH having issues, how to pitch my voice so he can hear me (most of the time). I have to do all the phone answering too because he rarely can hear what's being said. I can still hear the tap dripping in the kitchen from a room away so I think my hearing isn't too bad - touch wood!

Joy said...

Hmmm - well, my hearing poor but I have had hearing aids since my mid thirties so . . . fingers crossed. :-) xx

jj said...

My step-dad finally got hearing aids but they are hit and miss. He has a LOT of wax buildup, and I have said he needs a proper cleaning of his ears but he claims that is unnecessary. His testing revealed over 90% hearing loss or something crazy. I feel sad though that the aids are so expensive, especially for seniors.

Jackie said...

I did not know that about the linkage.

Harvey tests my hearing by whispering my name probably every second or third day. He also tries to be as quiet as possible when sneaking a treat or two.... I always hear him. I do think that I need my hearing checked as within a certain range or distance I have a problem.

God bless.

Chris said...

Good for you for leading the way. I have been putting it off as I understand hearing aids are expensive and don't always help.

Belinda said...

I have poor hearing although Ive not been tested. I guess I need to do that.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...