Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Yes, it has happened

 


(photo credit)

It's true when they say things happen in three's.  I wonder who came up with that?

So it started with my dryer.  I have an LG model and as per the specs:

"Each cycle will give you perfect drying results thanks to Sensor Dry technology which constantly analyzes the internal humidity levels and adjusts the drying time accordingly"

Now that part of my dryer seems to have gone kaput, and I am having to use my regular none sensor drying function.  Hubby thankfully is an electrician so he has looked at it and has ordered some part, which will probably total over $250, but which is cheaper than getting someone out to fix it and have to pay for their labour and the parts.

The next thing to happen is my fridge started turning off by itself, for no reason at all!!  Things came to a head last Wednesday when hubby got up to go to work and discovered that the fridge wasn't working and came and told me at 4:30 am in the morning.  Suffice to say I wasn't impressed at being woken up at that time.

It was enough to spur me on to see about someone coming out to look at it.  BUT, we finally had a stroke of luck with this as when I looked at the paperwork, would you believe that the warranty ran out on the 7th of December and I called to set this all up on the 6th.

This is not the first time I have had issues with this fridge, the ice maker rusted out within a couple of years of buying the fridge.  It's a KitchenAid fridge and I spent over $5,000 on it.  Piece of advice to everyone, avoid KitchenAid appliances they are not worth the money.  However the $700 I spent on extending my warranty will be, as I would reckon this repair will cost that and more, as we (hubby!!) are thinking the main circuit board will have to be replaced.

Update on Fridge: the repair guy came on Monday stayed 15 minutes, took photos and said he would order a circuit board that should arrive next week.  There is a leak in the back, took photos of that and said he would ask around to see if anyone had any idea what might be wrong????

So based on that someone will be back next week; so fingers, toes and everything else crossed that the fridge doesn't stop working before then!

Then the third thing happened on Sunday our toaster broke.  Luckily that is only a $25 replacement, as I ordered a cheap Black and Decker model with great reviews off Amazon.  I wanted a Smeg one but couldn't justify paying over $200 for one; been there done that with buying top of the line things😉

So there you go, three annoying and expensive things that have happened to us just recently!

It could be worse I guess, not sure how though?



5 comments:

Linda said...

Grrr. I had things that make heat all break one year around Christmas--oven, dryer, and either the curling iron or hair dryer. It was so frustrating and cold!
I went to laundromat. I heard one woman ask another, "Where did you put those chicken shit clothes?" I went straight to owner of store and asked how much it would be for dryer-60 days same as cash. I needed to get student loan in two weeks. I replaced the oven element on myself, and invested in a hair dryer. It was a traumatic week, but I could not handle "chicken shit" remark. The two young women worked in a chicken house. By the way, it is not hard to put an element in an oven.
Practical Parsimony

Belinda said...

Ugh, on those three things happening, but great that the fridge is still under warranty!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh goodness - that's enough to last you awhile! It does seem that things happen in three's. Hopefully you're done for awhile!

Cheryl said...

Mine are better than yours. Last year my washing machine, dryer, and refrigerator went in the month of November and December with the washing machine dying on Christmas eve. Not to be undone my son was in a car accident in October when someone did an illegal U-turn and Adam hit him. Over a month with no car and Adam has an abscess on his Lower back and will see a surgeon today. And to seal the deal my husband woke up and tested positive for covid yesterday. Talk about 3 things.

Jackie said...

It really does seem like things happen in threes. I really don't know why.

God bless.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...