Monday, December 18, 2023

The saga of the "F" word....

The other night (Friday) Paige rang me to tell me her mother had used the "F" word, and how was I going to punish her!  Now you should know that this isn't the first time she has called me when her mother does something wrong.  Last time it was because of a song on the car radio that was playing that had bad words in it.

Paige loves the idea that I am her mother's, mother and therefore I can punish her.  I play along and "a good time is had by all!"

On Saturday we had our Christmas get together; and when we were driving down to their house, a driver was inconsiderate and hubby also used the "F" word.  So when we got to daughter's house, I told Paige and we decided that both her mother and grandad had to be punished.

So we made them sit on the naughty step, joined by Nora who was wondering what was going on, and Olive the cat who is now 14:

While Paige and I; Nora just stood there confused, decided what we should do.
The normal punishment is to sit on the step for one minute per one year of your age.  However we ran into a problem, while we were discussing this grandad was already whining his back was sore, so the chances of him sitting there for 65 minutes was slim to nil.

Then mammy who is 38, was also preparing lunch, so we couldn't afford to have her sitting there for 38 minutes, as we wouldn't have anything to eat.

So they got let off the hook with a telling off from Nana, to not use the "F" word again.

I am quite sure they were quaking in their boots at that!!

Yes, both girls are growing up so fast, Nora turned 10 last month and Paige was 7 in June.



5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love it!!! Thank you for my early morning laugh.

jj said...

LOL I tell my mom this all the time - "I'm telling your dad!"

Olive is completely innocent, I am sure she was just inspecting ;)

Gemma's person said...

That is the best story ever. So cute!

Jackie said...

So cute!!!

God bless.

Karen said...

I love it!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...