Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Lunch

pDh takes a packed lunch every day when he works.

This is what I packed for him for today's lunch.  Now to be fair, this is his breakfast and lunch.



Those crackers from Zehrs are a first time buy for me, but hubby likes a little spice so I know he will like those.  The turkey sticks are a buy from Costco, hubby told me not to buy them again as they are tasteless.  In the mini container with the tomatoes is ranch dressing.

I prefer to cut up a block of cheese, rather than use those cheese strings which are tasteless and more expensive.

As he leaves the house by 4:30 am he doesn't have breakfast, just takes a coffee with him.  He has another coffee and his yogurt at coffee time.  He also takes a large stainless steel water jug with him to drink from throughout the day.

I really enjoy those compartment type lunch boxes.  I am even thinking of buying one for myself and using it for my lunch, even though I do not work outside of the home.


4 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Gill, always interesting to see what others pack for lunches. Imagine how many lunches we have made over the years! For me 40 years X roughly 44 weeks…….Chuck doesn’t like to eat lots at work as they are always on the go. Snack at break time is some sort of healthy bar. Lunch is a bagel, cheese, cut up veggies and something homemade, a muffin or cookie. Afternoon break is mixed nuts and raisins. Like your hubby Chuck takes a big jug of water to work too. He says he doesn’t mind packed lunches. So accustomed to them after all the years!
Robin

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I don't miss having to make lunches. To me they were the hardest thing to come up with. My DH always had a thermos and often got planned-overs of things like soup and stew.

50 and counting said...

Those crackers come in a cracked pepper version and is very moreish.

I lurk on Instagram pages looking at other peoples lunchboxes (who knew there groups dedicated to making lunch boxes).

Nibbly boxes are becoming more and more popular.

William Kendall said...

Depending on my work schedule, I either pick up breakfast en route or buy it there. But if I'm working later, I'll take a meal along. I rarely eat lunch ss a meal.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...