Thursday, December 28, 2023

Busy day

I hadn't planned on doing much on Wednesday as I was really tired on Tuesday for some reason, but I ended up doing a few bits and bobs.

I put away all my Christmas decorations, other than these two miniature trees.  They will stay out until the 12th night.

I made a big pan of turkey soup.  I just added some soup mix (grains), an onion, carrots, tin of Italian diced tomatoes, can of coconut milk, turkey and turkey stock from yesterday.  It was lovely, very tasty and very filling.
A couple of you mentioned you liked my little man.  I think I got it from Kitchen Stuff Plus, here in Canada.  However there are plenty to choose from on Amazon.  They are called Silicone Pot Lid Lifters, you can see some here.  As I said yesterday, they work really well.
Before Christmas I was busy cleaning out my kitchen drawers.  I had cleaned out my cutlery drawer, but wasn't happy with it.  I think Christmas Eve I went to HomeSense and picked up some storage bins for the kitchen drawer.  I quickly put them all in my drawer and it has tidied it up.  Not 100% sure whether I like the layout yet.  I have put my larger spoons, masher, ladle etc on the counter top in a utensil container.  I am not a fan of those, but it makes more space in my drawer.

The knives are in a Joseph & Joseph knife holder.  Love the bottom layer, but the top layer doesn't work well.  I have our steak knives in there.  I lined the bottom of the drawer with contact paper.  I either got it from the dollar store, or Canadian Tire, I don't remember which.

Considering I hadn't planned on doing much I got a lot done.

By the way is your house like ours, covered in glitter?  Everywhere I turn, there are sparkles....LOL  And I have dusted, swiffered and hoovered.......



2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Thank you for naming the pot lifter thingies - I think they might make fun stocking stuffers for next Christmas.
I would happily have taken down our Christmas decorations on Boxing Day but DH likes to have them up until after New Year's. Once that's done it usually kick starts my urge to purge throughout the whole place. We'll see if that happens this year!

My Piece of Earth said...

I have not been reading your blog for a long time but, today I was so glad I did.
I received Christmas cards this year which all had sparkly glitter all over them. I don't keep my cards but do make a list of who sent them to me, as a reference for next year's recipients.
On Boxing Day, I entertained 17 people, which included five great grands in my apartment, (what was I thinking), no worries everything was fine. So where am I going with sparkly stuff, I gave the kids the cards to cut up, colour, do what ever they wanted, thus the glitter was everywhere. A good time was had by all.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2024.

Pat

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...