Sunday, December 3, 2023

2023 Christmas Get Together; Food Edition

Every year a group of ladies get together for a Christmas catch up /get together.  I hosted this year and today I will focus on the food.  I put out snacks for all of us to nibble on, the cashews proved to be popular!!!
DD provided the veggie tray, the dips and a fruit tray (not pictured).  One lady was vegan and another vegetarian.
My usual garden salad, with the added "fru-fru" of micro greens, which I must say I do enjoy, I provided ranch dressing and balsamic dressing for the salad.
The back tray contains vegetable samosa's that "R's" mother always make and they are so good, plus they are Vegan.  I did roasted mini potatoes (vegan), a small ham, homemade sausage rolls, and a variety of cheeses.
In the slow cooker was sweet and sour meatballs.  I then bought some "finish baking in your own oven," Brioche rolls from Ace Bakery.  They were on sale for $5.99, so a bit of a splurge, but they were really nice. 

I totally forgot to take photos of dessert, however we have leftovers, so will take photos to give you an idea what we had.

Everyone seemed to enjoy it.


5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks like a lovely lunch! Wonderful that you had vegan/vegetarian options because so many people don't think of that.

Maggie said...

All looks yummy, what a feast.

Linda said...

Lovely food selection for your friends. Hope it went well.

Karen said...

Nice looking spread! Lots of leftovers?

Jackie said...

My goodness, that was an awesome lunch. Looking forward to seeing the desserts.

God bless.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...