Friday, December 15, 2023

Another good job, jobbed!!

 I know odd expression, but one we use.

We are having our family get together this coming weekend, as one family is away on a cruise over Christmas.  It's pot luck, so I am bringing dessert (cookies), sausage rolls and bread rolls.  Plus one of hubby's co-workers loves my cookies??

So Thursday was a morning of baking.

Made 3 types of cookies, Snickerdoodles for the first time ever using this recipe, choc-chip cookies, 100 best cookies (odd name I know) and I have no idea where I got the recipe from.  Candy cane brownies, using this recipe, and Rice Krispie squares.

Choc-chip cookies and Candy Cane Brownies

100 Best cookies and Rice Krispie Squares
Snickerdoodles.  I read that the key to a good snickerdoodle is using cream of tartar in the recipe??

This is what I gave as a gift in a tin for hubby's co-worker.  The Christmas parchment paper is from the Dollar Store.  It's him and his partner, so I gave them four pieces of everything to enjoy.
I ran out of butter and brown sugar (thankfully) so I couldn't bake anything else.  I packed a couple of containers of treats for hubby and his other co-workers to enjoy.  Packed up boxes for the pot luck and the rest went into the freezer.  

All in all a very productive morning.

Do you do Christmas baking?



4 comments:

Angela said...

A very impressive amount of cookies (ps I got your message!)

Jackie said...

Wow, all those cookies look awesome. You were certainly a busy person.

God bless.

Chris said...

Ooh, you have been busy. And everything looks delicious. I made a steamed plum pudding a few weeks ago that is "maturing" until Christmas. Since then I have made mince pies and sugar cookies which are in the freezer. I made another bar but it is long gone as I took it to my Bridge game then finished the rest over the next week!
I do like to bake so, time permitting, will probably make some other treats in the next few days. Sausage rolls are on the menu for next week's pot luck at the seniors centre!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

We always bake every year and Resident Chef's butter tarts are in hot demand. The past few years we've started making chocolates and they're pretty popular too.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...