Monday, January 1, 2024

Welcome 2024

 Must say, New Year's Eve was basically the same as any old day/night.  Watched an episode of Vera and went to bed normal time.  So nothing exciting around here.  Hubby works a lot over the Christmas holidays as the plant is shut down, so it's a crazy busy time for the maintenance guys.  He was super tired, he is starting to feel his age nowadays!

We got all the outside Christmas lights brought in and put away, so that's another job off the list.  I spent a good part of the day doing what I could on the Temperature Cross Stitch:


So now I record what temperature it is going to be each day and I think every few days I will stitch a few days at once.  For instance today will be a high of minus 3 oC , so I will stitch that is the second blue colour.  I will post a photo when I have done a few days.

Today is a regular day, and I am doing laundry; may as well take advantage of the cheap hydro.  Hubby is shoveling snow; there's not much.  Think we may find a movie and sit and watch that.  Supper is all done, just the same as last night.

Hope you all have a lovely day.


6 comments:

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Ha! I watched an episode of Vera, too! Was in bed before midnight and was woken by a phone call from my daughter wishing me a happy new year. Have a lovely day! -Jenn

Belinda said...

Oh, what a neat cross stitch pattern. You have the hit the ground running, way to go. :)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love the cross stitch Gill! I've always wished I could cross stitch -- But I'm terrible at counting, and a lot of times, my focus isn't what it should be. 🙂 Enjoy the rest of your day whatever it brings, and all the best for the New Year too!!

★.•´.•´¨) ¸.•¨)
(¸.•´(¸.•´ (¸.•¨¯`* ♥
★HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!★

My Piece of Earth said...

Quiet day and evening for me too. There was a shindig upstairs, I did not go as I have been out either during the day or evening every day since Christmas Eve. The late nights and food caught up to me.

No snow here.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Pretty much a regular evening and day here too. I did take some time off to watch some of the Rose Bowl parade today and fired up the backhoe and dealt with an overflowing scrap paper container. My mother always insisted that something should be cleaned on New Year's Day so that container was 'it' for me.

Maggie said...

Happy New Year!
Lovely day here too, we got the decorations put away, the tree is still up and will be until Friday as I like the lights on these darker days. I've had a lovely walk and quite evening. Perfect start to the new year :-)

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...