Monday, January 29, 2024

Cross stitch update and painting craft.

I had dd and the girls up for a visit, so I bought these bee houses from Dollar Tree.  I had leftover craft paint from a couple of paint by number projects.  So we painted one each.

From left to right, daughter, me, then the girls.  I have said this before, I have a small amount of talent in some things, but when it comes to painting I have NONE!! 😂  

Here is the latest update with the temperature cross stitch.  We have had a mild week.  January should be all blue colours, not green and blue.  This coming week's forecast is a mixed bag, with no deep freeze in sight.  Which is good and was reflected in our gas bill.  It was $20 cheaper than last year.  I have a spreadsheet set up to track all the bills, so I can make a budget for us; for when hubby retires.

I also finally finished another little cross stitch project.  Well part one of it.  You won't see the finished project until the end of the year.  The photo below was taken before I did the back stitch.
This is the after.  I haven't pressed it or anything yet.  I am looking forward to sharing the finished project at the end of the year.  If you get the World of Cross Stitching magazine, this will be familiar to you.

What has the weather been like in your neck of the woods?  What have you been working on this past week?

I also must thank you all for your lovely comments.  I do try to visit everyone's blogs and answer your questions.  Feel free to remind me though if I forget!!


8 comments:

angela said...

The little houses and cross stitches look great
Our weather is finally getting summer like. It seems to have moved forward by six weeks

My Piece of Earth said...

Great job with the houses.

Like your cross stitch Santa, look forward to the finished design.

I like doing cross stitching too, however, need a good light to see what I am doing.

Joy said...

Lovely cross stitch!
It's been quite mild here today. It can touch zero overnight but the days are surprisingly mild. Long may it last! xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think those bird houses are cute!
The weather certainly has been strange so far this winter. I'm not really complaining because we've certainly had nothing in comparison to other parts of the country.

Belinda said...

The temperature went from freezing to warm and now it's back to cold again. Your temperature cross stitch is coming along! I like all of your cross stitch projects. And those bee houses are so cute!

Jackie said...

Your cross stitch is coming along nicely. I have never heard of bee houses before. Very interesting.

God bless.

Sharon said...

The birdhouses look like they would have been a really fun project to do with family. I really like both the cross stitches. I must admit that, although I brought some with me, I have yet to pick it up! I forgot how hard it is to do it with babies and impatient puppy around lol. Hopefully soon!

Karen said...

Staying mild here in E.Ontario. Our little valley has even missed most of the recent storms.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...