Thursday, January 4, 2024

Wednesday was a good day............

 I started off the day baking some Peanut Butter cookies, using this recipe.


Now the reason I made these; I was gifted a small box of Hershey Kisses for helping a neighbour with her garage door.  Honestly it was nothing, it wouldn't shut and I told her someone had moved her sensor, so moved it for her.

The cookies were okay, a little too sweet, but they made a nice change.

Later on in the morning Liam came to stay with us, as both his parents were working.

So we went to MacDonalds for lunch.  This location had just been renovated and it was really nice.  We got a gift card for Christmas and it came with a coupon for a free Big Mac.  So I had that for my lunch.  I don't know when I last had a Big Mac and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Liam had his usual kids meal.  Did you know that you can now order an "Adult Happy Meal," and that too comes with a toy.

When we got home Liam and I did some painting.  I will say I am not a fan of painting, even kids painting.  Liam was happy and it was educational, trying to remember what colours mixed together, made other colours.
Then no visit would be complete without watching Blippi and playing with lego.
If you're a parent of small children, or a grandparent of small children you know who Blippi is.  Hate is a strong word, but I am so very close to hating Blippi.........just saying!!  He is the most annoying person around......a rich one no doubt but still annoying.  His voice grates on me.

He was picked up around 3:30 pm a happy camper.  Thoroughly enjoyed myself, but will say I was tired.


5 comments:

Linda said...

Never heard of Blippo! I want an adult Happy Meal! Just once!
Practical Parsimony

Jackie said...

That was a great way to use up the gift from the neighbour.

Looks like a wonderful day was had with your grandchild.

God bless.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

We haven't eaten at the Golden Arches since our boys were small, although we do stop there regularly for their iced coffee. A day spent with a grandie would be my idea of a really good time!

My Piece of Earth said...

Cookies look yummy, I am eating the last of the Christmas cookies. A wonderful day with a handsome young man. Have not heard of Blippo and thinking with a name like that, I am lucky I haven't.

Chris said...

Catching up on your blog - it doesn't come up automatically so I have to remember to check it. Liam looks like he had fun with you - he's a cutie! I've never tried cross stitch but I think I should give it a try. Big Macs are my item of choice at MacDonalds but I haven't had one in a while, maybe time for a visit!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...