Saturday, January 6, 2024

Love a good deal.........

I popped to the garden centre on Friday, as I knew they were having an end of season sale.  I picked up this puzzle at 50% off. 

I am struggling to read the signs on my cross stitch pattern, so I picked up this magnifying glass to see if that will help.
I bought three stems of these jingle bells before Christmas and I loved them on my tree.  So I picked up another 10 stems at 50% off
Now as an added bonus I have some garden centre points I had forgotten about, and so I got an added discount when I cashed in my points.  
I just read this book, got it at the auction house for $1,  It was really good and well worth reading.  You can read a preview here.

It was a good shopping trip!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow, what great deals you got. I didn't get out shopping much this week and as I walked by the Christmas sale items in our Walmart noticed they were already putting things away!!! Getting Valentines day out.

God bless.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That puzzle looks like it will be fun to do. Re being able to see the symbols on your cross stitch pattern, could you enlarge it? I can do that on my printer but also sometimes take things to the office supply store where they will do it for a minimal charge.

Belinda said...

Very nice! I love a good shopping trip.

My Piece of Earth said...

I enlarge my cross stitch graphs, but have issues seeing the fabric "holes" Did you find the magnifying glass helped? I was thinking about getting one that hangs around the neck, which would keep my hands free to sew.
Love the puzzle.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...