Saturday, January 20, 2024

Fool Me Once , Netflix WARNING SPOILER ALERT


If you haven't watched the series, but plan too do not read this post.

We finally got all 8 episodes watched over the weekend and I have to admit this one is the best one so far of Netflix's adaptations of Harlan Coben's books.

I have been following Michelle Keegan since she started out in Coronation Street many years ago.  Loved her in Our Girl and she was just as good in Fool Me Once.  I will say she seems to fit the take no nonsense military character that she's been cast as, a couple of times.  Then Joanna Lumley is an icon in herself and is such an adaptable actress.  I remember her back in the 70's in The New Avengers as Purdy.  We all had to have her hairstyle back in the day.  Then who can forget Patsy in Absolutely Fabulous?

Anyway back to Fool Me Once.  As with the other series you have no clue who the killer is.  Each episode you think it is one person, then the next, then another, until you are so confused and just give up.  Or is that just me?
 
With this one, even when Maya admitted in episode 7 to killing her husband to Shane, I didn't believe it.  I turned to hubby and said, "no it can't be her."  However when all the pieces are put together in the last episode, it all makes sense.

I did think it was a sad ending when all said and done.  At least Lily did have people in her life that looked out for her and loved her.  

I haven't read any of Harlan Coben's books.  If you have and have watched the Netflix shows, as they a good adaptation of the books?

4 comments:

Angela said...

We enjoyed FMO. The cast was excellent - I'll watch anything with Adheel Aktar in it. He's a lovely guy. And although HC set the story in New, York, it transfers well to the UK.
Much of it was filmed near Manchester where my daughter lives.
Clever plot twists... But a sad ending was inevitable, don't you think?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

We're both huge fans of Harlan Coben's books - he always keeps me guessing. We tried to watch a couple of the Netflix adaptations and really didn't like them much. Can't remember the name of it but one we tried to watch was filled with bad language and that turned us off.

Jackie said...

I really liked this show. It sure kept me guessing for the longest time.

God bless.

Chris said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to look for it although I don't get Netflix. Sounds like just my cup of tea!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...