Friday, January 19, 2024

Do you want to join me?

In saving $1000 this year?  I know I am late to the game, but the one thing I liked about this chart which you can print off here, is that if you don't have much money to spare one week, you can put $3 in your jar.  If you have more to spare, you can put the $60 in.  If you can't afford to put any in there is a $0 week.

You put money in your pot every Friday, and cross out a square that corresponds with the amount you put in.  Now as there has already been two Fridays in January and today will be a third Friday you need to put three amounts in and cross off three squares.  

As I prepared this post earlier in the week there had only been 2 Fridays past in January.  So I decided to put the $60 and $15 in.  Wanted to get rid of the $60 square.  I think I will get rid of the $51 square this week, so that is out of the way as well.

Let me know if you are going too join in with this?

In the grocery bag is a pineapple, would you believe they were on sale for only $1.84 at Walmart this week.  That was a super price.  Hubby loves fresh pineapple; I do too, but it doesn't agree with me for some reason?

Should also mention the grocery bag, was from when we were on vacation in the States last year.  You can't get plastic bags here in Canada anymore.


10 comments:

Joy said...

I don't have much cash about me nowadays but what I do is have a certain amount of my income directed straight into my savings at the start of every month and then, starting this year, at the end of every month, any leftover money will also go into savings. It's just too easy to spend it otherwise.
xx

Angela said...

It's a clever idea, but I'm not sure I could do it with physical money - I don't carry that much now - and I'd be reluctant to have £1000 lying around next December*. We do sit down at the end of each month and transfer cash from our main account to 3 other "pots" (ie savings accounts) for house, car and holiday. This year will be expensive, as we have to replace my car, and also after 45 years of happy marriage, we are celebrating with a week in Paris. *Do you leave the money in the jar or do you move it into a bank account as the months go by? I hope you achieve your goal

angela said...

Because we have our own business. We don’t get lots of cash. So our coin money boxes don’t fill up as quick as they used to
But any change we get goes straight into our money box
I do shop the specials and I keep an eye on prices so make sure the specials are real savings and buy when they’re actually cheap

Jackie said...

Every two weeks I empty my wallet of all change and bills. I could print this off and give it a try just to see how much I am managing to save. Need to think about it a bit.

God bless.

slugmama said...

Pineapples are very acidic. That is why many meat marinades contain their juice as a tenderizer. That might be why pineapples disagree with your digestive system. 8-)

My Piece of Earth said...

I don't have a lot of cash these days, but I do transfer any left over budgeted money into my savings account. Trying to curb my spending as I plan on taking a vacation in June.

This chart is a really good idea, however, it would not work for me.

Good luck with your saving.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

great idea but I NEVER have cash. All debit cards.Hmm....
But I do need to save if there is anything ever left over. :-)

Anne in the kitchen said...

I play games with myself all the time. This looks like one I would enjoy playing

Linda said...

I found out I was allergic to pineapple. I always eat it but cut back after I learned that. Who knows?
I love the chart. I have a bit transferred from checking to savings each month. I never have cash.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

This looks like a fun game but sadly I never carry cash anymore. We do transfer a set amount into our savings account each month so I guess that works out to pretty much the same thing.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...