Thursday, January 18, 2024

New cleaning solution

I decided to try a new to me all-purpose cleaner.  I have tried the dishwashing liquid from the same brand and was very happy with it, especially the scent, so thought I'd give this one a try.

I really enjoyed the blurb on the side of it, very good marketing.
So I cleaned down all the kitchen cabinet doors, counter tops, top of the cupboards etc.
I would give it a 9/10.  It worked as advertised and didn't leave a residue.  I wiped everything down with a microfibre cloth, but found I had to go over it with paper towel, which has nothing to do with the product, but my cloth's.

The product lost a point because I found the smell of the product odd.  It's supposed to smell like grapefruit, and if I remember correctly the dishwashing soap, smelled lovely and it was grapefruit.  To my mind this did not smell like grapefruit, in fact it did not smell like citrus at all.

Other than that I have nothing negative to say about the product.  If I remember rightly it was around $6 for the bottle from Wal-Mart, and it has no chemicals in it, which was a win. Not sure I would buy it again though.


9 comments:

Angela said...

I had the liquid soap which definitely smells of grapefruit. Also the almond-fragrance hard floor cleaner. But I only buy when they are on offer - usual price quite high here.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I use Method and have really liked the job it does.

Linda said...

Thanks for reviewing the METHOD CLEANER.

Anonymous said...

I use method cleaners all the time. I too bought the grapefruit scented one recently as my lavender one wasn’t available. I agree with your review of the smell. Did you find the message on the bottom of the bottle?
Robin

Jackie said...

Hmmm, our Co-op sells this product as well. I am going to check out the dish soap. I love the smell of grapefruit.

God bless.

My Piece of Earth said...

Will look into this cleaner, as I find the others I have been using do not do the job. I do use a lot of vinegar for cleaning too, but that smell is not one I appreciate.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

love the review. I need something to clean my cabinets. Just talking about that yesterday. A job I dislike so if this works and I only have to do it once and not 3x to get them clean then I will be thrilled!I laugh at myself because it is a sure sign I am old when a cleaner tickles me. Pitiful. :-)

Anonymous said...

It really works well to get rid of stains on laundry.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I haven't tried using Method in any format but nice to know that the dish soap smells nice. I'm a fan of good ol' Blue Dawn and use it for a lot of things. It's great for removing grease stains from clothing and I use it on the kitchen cabinets when it's needed.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...