Monday, February 27, 2023

What a week.........

 Last week started out yucky, but by the end of the week, it was looking a bit better.  

By the end of the week the antibiotics had kicked in and I felt a whole lot better.  Still got a runny nose, still coughing and still tired, but a whole lot better.  Didn't take Liam swimming as I figured the chlorine in the pool would set me off coughing.  However he has started jumping in the pool without help and he even dunked his head under water, so he is improving in leaps and bounds.

Winter is far from over and on Wednesday/Thursday we ended up with over a foot of snow.  The good news is, we are close to the end of February, so the worst is over with (I hope!)  We are not having to put on the lights in the house now until 6 pm-ish, as it is still light out.  Add in, we have seen a bit of sun this week, Spring feels as though it is heading our way........well after the latest Winter storm tonight, maybe!!

By the end of the week I was back to cooking meals.  Even got some grocery shopping done.  Maybe things are starting to get back to normal.  

I started a new project and here is where I am at with it as of Sunday afternoon:


I am starting to get the feel of this project and have discovered that doing the background work needs to be done when the light is good.


10 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I cannot figure out what snakes and ladders means. The mention of Aida cloth makes me remember I was to do some needlepoint.

Joy said...

It's looking great.

I'm so pleased that things are picking up for you after feeling so very unwell. Fingers crossed the storm passes soon and spring is close on its heels.
xx

Jenn Jilks said...

Glad you are feeling better, or on the mend.
You are right about February being the worst of it.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I can only embroider when the sun is shining!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

So glad to hear that you're starting to feel better - now just be careful not to overdo!! You're progressing well on your snakes & ladders project.

My Piece of Earth said...

Good news---feeling better and back to a normal "you".

Cross stitch project is looking great, are you going to frame it?

Hope the predicted bad weather comes and goes fast, had enough of Winter, loving the lighter evenings also, soon the clocks go forward, Spring can't be too far away.



Maggie said...

Your stitching is beginning to grow lovely. Glad you are starting to feel better, sometimes these things linger and it takes us longer to bounce back. Have a good week

Jackie said...

How wonderful to read you are beginning to feel better.

Love the cross stitch. I need good light to do my cross stitching as well.

God bless.

William Kendall said...

I checked a few days back for our snowfall totals thus far. We've gone past our average amount and can still get more to come.

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you are feeling so much better. What a huge relief. That will be lovely stitching project.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...