Monday, February 13, 2023

Catch up from the prior week...

This past week went by super fast in my opinion.  In fact most weeks just scoot on by.

Monday I do a clean through, plus I had grocery shopping to do.  Not a fan of grocery shopping.

Tuesday got everything taken to the charity shop, but as it was raining so didn't get any other errands ran.

Tuesday night hubby got called out for a breakdown at work, so he took Wednesday off.  As it was dry we were out and about on Wednesday.  Got a few things done, including picking up my auction wins.  Got a Sail for the back patio, like this one for $55 (incl taxes), and four books this week.  Spent around $85 total.  

We used a $25 gift card we had for Panara Bread.  Hubby got a toasted baguette, bag of chips/crisps and coffee.  I got a bowl of soup, piece of baguette and a coffee; it came to $32, which in my humble opinion was very over priced.  Also I find their menu very confusing.

A member of our family had another health related incident on Wednesday.  Unfortunately this is a regular thing, which due to various reasons I won't go into.  Suffice to say it drains us all.

Thursday went by in a flash and honestly don't think I got much done.

Same for Friday, didn't seem to accomplish much.  Did take grandson to swimming lessons and he made super progress this week, by jumping into the pool twice by himself.  Believe me that is HUGE for someone who doesn't like getting his face wet.  It flipping well snowed again, though no where near as bad as the week before!

Saturday I was sick and felt terrible.  Did finish off some projects though so that was positive.

Sunday got up and felt like death warmed over again.  So once again never left the house.

As I said a super fast week, and not a lot accomplished as far as I was concerned.

Did you have a good week, last week?

11 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

It seems like last week I was sick all week. I did pick out a new laptop but it is not ready to go, still in the box. We ate at Zaxby's tonight, so nothing to do but pick it up. It sounds like you got a lot done. My daughter would not let water splash on her face, then swam a mile the next summer to make the swim team! The do miraculously make progress.

Joy said...

It was a lovely week, thanks. Nothing terribly exciting but lots of small, happy things.

Get well soon! xx

angela said...

The year is flying past. I can’t believe it n
I hope your feeling better. I’ve tried doing at least one big thing everyday off my list of jobs.
But I’ve not been feeling the best so going slow is the only way forward at the moment
Baby steps. It all gets don eventually

Donna said...

It can be super draining when family members ring the "I'm sick" too many times because they do nothing to help themselves...I'm sorry, I know how it feels.
Hope You are doing better this morning though??
hugs
Donna

Jenn Jilks said...

I hope you are feeling better.
I do find the weeks fly by. Trying to enjoy each day, that doesn't work so well!

Jackie McGuinness said...

It was a quiet week here. You still got a fair bit done considering you didn't feel well.
Eating out at chains is getting ridiculous. Panera is weird, haven't gone to them very often, as I find their stuff too salty.

My Piece of Earth said...

Hope you are feeling better, and your family health issues resolved.
Very little happened last week, expect the same this week.
Just the basics, grocery, laundry etc.
I take myself into my sewing room, loose myself in making quilts, a happy place for me.


William Kendall said...

Generally I'm busy with work. But on day hen I am not working, I can find it tough to get motivated to go.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hope you're feeling better tonight. Take care of you!
My week was somewhat uneventful unless you count the nearly two hour drive to a medical appt. for Resident Chef only to discover after we got there that the dr. had been called away on an emergency.

Jackie said...

The days, weeks, and months seem to pass faster each year.

Had a very uneventful week here which is nothing unusual during a prairie winter. The weather was beautiful. Lots of melting going on.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

God bless.

Maggie said...

The time goes faster every year, where did January go and we are approaching the end of February already. Most of my weeks are uneventful, but that's ok, I'm used to it now.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...