Thursday, February 16, 2023

Happy Birthday

It's my mother's birthday today; so Happy Birthday Mam!  We're from the north of England where we call our mother's Mam.

I made her this card:

I got it as a freebie in this magazine.
It said it should only take 5 hours to sew.  It took me a lot longer😕

I got my mam a subscription to Prima Magazine

I wanted to get myself a subscription as well, but they are not shipping international at the moment?  Honestly I nearly gave up the will to live trying to order my mam her subscription, as my Canadian address proved to be a problem; again????  Finally got it ordered.  I will get her something else when I see her later in the year, as she is coming for a visit.


10 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I have tried to order things when I was beside myself with a splitting headache. Why must some things be so difficult? I suppose that is a British magazine. Her gift is very pretty.

Angela said...

A magazine subscription is a lovely gift. My SIL has given my Gardeners World for the last couple of years. Your stitching is great. I think they give an "average stitching time" for those kits. And some people do them very quickly!

William Kendall said...

Happy birthday to her!

Donna said...

Beautiful cross stitch! And glad your mother is coming for a visit!
hugs
Donna

Jeanie said...

That card is darling! Happy Birthday!

maureenlthompson said...

A lovely card made with love, she will love it. XXXXX

Boud said...

Happy birthday to your Mam! I'm originally from North Yorkshire, but when I moved to the US I had to change to Mom, too confusing where people routinely use ma'am pronounced like Mam, to address women politely! After a couple of mixups, I switched.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a lovely gift!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Such a sweet card! And I love the idea of giving a magazine subscription because that way it's a gift that keeps on giving for the entire year. Wish somebody would do that for me!

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

My local store gets Prima! Let me know if you'd like me to get you one!

Also, that cross stitch is fabulous. Wee girl is really big into cross stitch. Was it easy to find that magazine? It would be a great gift for her Birthday coming up.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...