Saturday, February 25, 2023

Lunch box

Got dh one of the compartmentalized lunch boxes.  He loves it as he can have a varied selection of bits and bobs.  He loves those Lunchables, but they are $9 for 3.  I make my own version for a heck of a lot cheaper.  Here is what he took for his breakfast and lunch on Monday.

Tomatoes and dip, two granola bars, a hard boiled egg, 2 cheese slices, 2 slices of deli meat cut up, some spicy crackers, a banana pudding and a fat free yogurt.  He has a large container of water and has coffee as well.  I bought the silicone holders from Amazon and the deli meat holder from Lakeland Plastics.



3 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I do like to grocery shop, especially when I get good deals. We don't have a store with points like yours that I know of. You did well. I hated my silicone cupcake holders because they were so hard to get clean. I gave them away dirty! I suppose I could have saved them for another use like yours. But, I just could not stand for so long to get them clean, even after soaking them. I like a snacky type lunch, too. Tommy likes when I make him something for when I am in a doctor's appointment. He needs to eat because of his diabetes, so I give him things he likes, just more protein.

William Kendall said...

I use a Tupperware container on rare occasions.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks like a far better lunch than ever could be had from any Lunchable I've ever seen.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...