Saturday, January 14, 2023

Deal!

I need glasses for reading and the computer etc.  I can see perfectly fine long distance.  However I am fed up with taking them on and off constantly while I am out.  Plus I need sunglasses all through the year whenever the sun is shining.

So I had my eye's tested last week and decided to get glasses with progressive lens and transistion lenses so that I will wear them all the time.  I go to the optical store in our grocery store that is a store where you earn Presidents Choice (PC) Points.  They are a Canadian thing and you can cash in your points for products.

When I went, there was a buy one pair of glasses get one free.  So I ordered two pairs.  One which is the exact same as my old pair, the other pair is what I thought was black but could be a very dark blue?



So each pair of glasses were $559 a pair; but I got one pair for free.

Now that in itself is a good deal, but they also had a special on for every $100 spent I got 40k in points.  So I ended up getting a total of 245k in points which is worth $245 of free product.  

One place I can spend them is at Shopper's Drug Mart.  This past weekend they had bonus redemption of points and my 200k in points would have been worth $300 in free products.  I didn't cash them, as there was nothing I really needed, though did think about getting the Google Video Door Bell which I would have got for free with the points.

It was the luck of the draw that I got all these things as it wasn't planned.  I had booked my eye exam last November, and January was the earliest I could get in.  So I was super pleased with this.

I plan on donating my old glasses to a charity.

Oh I got myself a new glasses case while in the UK.  It's a Hannah Dale, Wrendale design.  I love her work.






10 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow! Now THAT's a deal and a half! I've worn progressives for years and I love them so hopefully you will too.

Maggie said...

We don't the all the coupon deals here in the UK that you have there, I wish we did.
Specsavers here always have a 2 for one deal on glasses, although I don't favour them for eye tests, I prefer to go to Boots for that.
I like your new glasses and your new case is cute.

angela said...

I’m due to go for my bi annually eye check. I think my script has changed

Hawaii Planner said...

Glasses are so expensive! Well done on finding a deal.

50 and counting said...

I only used the optical in Superstore once. It wasn't a good experience and I had to get the glasses remade at a different shop.

We've both used SpecSavers for the first time (they opened in our province in November). We used our PC credit card for the part not covered by our insurance.

Nice selection of frames as well. They do a 2 pairs for $99 or a bit higher depending on the prescription. I got my readers for free after paying for my varifocals.

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

So funny I almost mentioned LMS' glasses today in the blog, realizing we got a very good deal indeed! Sounds like you did too!
Those are nice glasses! :)

Love the case!

Jackie said...

I have progressives and they work wonderfully for me. Mine however are trifocal so one script for close up and reading, one script for working on the computer and one script for distance. The distance script is very week.

I used to have transitions and now I have magnetic clip-ons. Works great as they keep my glasses from fogging up badly in the winter.

God bless.

William Kendall said...

I just use glasses for driving.

Jenn Jilks said...

Well done! I had progressive prior to laser surgery.

~Carla~ said...

I just need my glasses for distance but am thinking I probably need another checkup soon… it’s been a while! I absolutely adore your new case, it’s so sweet!!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...