Monday, January 2, 2023

Before and After

We all have that one room where everything is dumped, ready to be put away at some point, right?

Prior to Christmas and over the Christmas holidays our spare bedroom was that room.  I wrapped all the presents in this room.  As you can see all my wrapping paper, cards and anything else I need for Christmas was just dumped on the bed.

We ended up not celebrating Christmas due to some members of the family being ill.  So as of December 30th, I still had a pile of presents to give out.  We managed to deliver them December 30th & 31st.

I had a good tidy up in the bedroom and a good sort out of all my Christmas wrappings etc and after it was all sorted this is how the room looked:



I had major problems with the alignment of this post.  I ended up throwing in the towel and letting it post as is.

We need to decorate this room, just not sure when I am going to do it yet.




9 comments:

Angela said...

My spare bedroom was a dumping ground over Christmas. Then when family arrived on 28th it all got moved into our bedroom. I have a very narrow pathway down my side of the bed and that wall is lined with bags and boxes. This week will be the grand clearing up and "Finding the Home Again"

angela said...

Yes I have one of those rooms. Right now empty boxes that normally house Christmas decorations are all over it
Once I pack away Christmas I’ll be able to sort the room out. Yours looks lovely

Joy said...

I am seriously impressed - I'm glad you can't see my 'dump everything' room. xx

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

So sorry to hear the family was ill and you couldn't celebrate! Hoping you get to have a family get together soon as I'm sure it was hard to be without them all.

No spare room here, so everything is hidden on top of cupboards!

I love the after look especially! :)

Jackie McGuinness said...

Happy New Year, Gill! Our dumping room was the spare bedroom but the pandemic turned that into a gym. The desk has the printer and sewing machine on it. His Nibs' golf clubs are in there also. Not in the locker.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow - wish I could manage to wrap gifts and keep things as neat as you did! So sorry about the illness over Christmas - for us it was the weather that put a stop to getting together with family and now it has to be put off even longer because our son has managed to get covid from work.

William Kendall said...

My dumping ground is a spare chair in my apartment where the clean laundry seems to end up.

Jackie said...

Sorry you didn't get to spend the holiday with your family. You really did a great job in getting that room tidied up.

God bless.

Maggie said...

I used a spare room to store Christmas presents in too, so glad it's all gone now, although my spare room doubles as a craft room so it's still not looking as tidy as yours, lol

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...