Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Quick Bake

 I made these cake box cookie's the other morning:

I used a cake mix, two eggs, a package of sugar free jello and 1/2 cup apple sauce.  Mixed them all together with a hand mixer and added a package of choc-chips (not pictured).  Baked them in a 375 oF oven for around 10 to 12 minutes.  They did stick even on parchment paper, just be warned, I would remove them from the tray before they get too cold. I made 30 with my mixture.

They turned out as a cross between cake and cookies.  Very tasty, very raspberry and chocolatey.  Would make them again.

Just finished another book, "A Little Love," by Amanda Prowse.  If you are over 50 you will appreciate this book I think.  It was very sweet.  This is the second book I have read by this author.  The first one was "Clover's Child."  That one took a little more time to get into the story, but well worth the read.  

11 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

How many eggs did you use? You have "2 eggs" twice. I can see that being possible. And, you chopped up cookies to put in the batter? Those really look good inside!

Practical Parsimony said...

How many eggs did you use? You have "2 eggs" twice. I can see that being possible. And, you chopped up cookies to put in the batter? Those really look good inside!

Joy said...

Those cookies look absolutely delicious! xx

Gill - That British Woman said...

I have corrected the recipe, you only need 2 eggs, not four!!

Belinda said...

The cookies look delicious. I made some for Christmas using a cake mix and they turned out pretty good. It’s an easy way to make cookies and I like that. 😊

William Kendall said...

The cookies look good!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Those cookies sound really tasty!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I haven't had those cookies in years! My mom used to make them when I was a kid.

JiCaLu said...

Oh these are fascinating!! We almost got come cookies from my sister today, but my mom forgot them, LOL.

Jackie said...

I need to try these. They look so good.

God bless.

Barbara Anne said...

Tardy question: Did you mean 'chocolate chip cookies' or 'chocolate chips'?

Ta!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...