Sunday, February 18, 2024

Song for Sunday

I am going to post a song/video on a Sunday.  It's one that I haven't heard in a while, or one I have never heard of at all.  Or even a new to me song.  I hope you enjoy.


This song is from 1984.  She is a Canadian singer and is one of the most successful female musicians in Canadian History as per Wikipedia; more about her here.  I heard this on the radio on the other day.  I had never heard of this song or the singer before.  Have you?

What I found ironic is that the normal saying is "the calm before the storm," whereas this song is the opposite, "Storm before the Calm."  I can't say it's something I have said before, "Storm before the Calm."  Have you?

5 comments:

Joy said...

No, I haven't, but I like it very much - it's a promise of better things to come. xx

Margie from Toronto said...

Oh yes, I remember her well - huge voice but quite a tiny person. I believe she still performs occasionally.

Karen said...

I liked her music a lot. I wondered where she got to.

Chris said...

New to me too. I'm surprised she is more well known than Celine Dion, Ann Murray and many other Canadian female singers.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm familiar with her voice but certainly didn't know she was that well known.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...