Monday, February 5, 2024

Cross stitch and paint by number

This weeks update on the temperature cross stitch.  It's coming along nicely.  Still surprised at how much green there is in it.  We may even see yellow in there this coming week, as it's going to be warm all week.

I totally finished January, outlining the month and adding in the month of April.
I made a start on another cross stitch, again Christmas themed; part of something for the end of the year.
When dd came up last weekend she brought me a paint by numbers kit she bought from Dollarama.  These are really good value for money at under $5 for the kit.
I am treating this like a puzzle.  It is set out on the table, and I do bits here and there.  The sections are very small, so it's hard on the eyes.  I must say though I am enjoying doing this.  Lot of browns and greens though.

What have you been doing to keep yourself busy this past week?






5 comments:

Angela said...

I have been planning my February collaborative cross stitch piece to swap with friend Kirsten. And a neighbour has brought a dress and three pairs of trousers for me to fix for her.

Linda said...

I have not done much at all, just trying to keep up with living. I think about crafts and such, just not able to do much. I live vicariously through you!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I did paint-by-numbers when I was a teenager but haven't attempted any as an adult. I've been intrigued by the Diamond Dot kits but haven't succumbed.

My Piece of Earth said...

The quilt guild I belong to has a challenge every year, for 2024 it is a collage project, which is due the first Wednesday of March, so working on that. Also, working on a quilt for Indwell in our city. Made a quilted project for my apartment door for the month of Feb. Joined the library, so doing some reading.

Sharon said...

The cross stitch pieces are coming along nicely. I've been doing a bit of crafting, not as much as I hoped. Helping to look after new baby granddaughter is a lot more tiring than I remember ha ha. Good thing I had my children years ago. I can't imagine having children later in life.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...