Monday, February 19, 2024

Cross stitch and paint by numbers

Another week done on the temperature cross stitch.  As you can see, we have some more blue this past week.  It has been colder and we have had a bit of snow, probably 6 + inches.  Have had to get the snow blower out.  This upcoming week's weather is going to be all over the place.

I finally finished my paint by numbers picture on Sunday.  From a distance it looks really good, and I am very pleased with it.  For a dollar store product I think it was well worth it.  I would do another one.  I found it very therapeutic and this one didn't require you mixing the paints to get the correct shade; some do.

I would do another one, as the more I look at it the more I like it.

What have you been doing craft wise this past week?





5 comments:

My Piece of Earth said...

Like the painting, as you say, for a Dollar store product is looks great.

Working on projects for my March quilting meeting, one is the challenge and the others of course, quilts. Also, I am doing some reading as I joined the library here a couple of months ago. Currently reading "Spare". It's OK, to me though it reads as a "boo hoo woe is me" story, however, having said that I can see why he feels the way he did.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hard to believe that painting was from the dollar store. I used to do paint by numbers when I was in my teens and really enjoyed them.

I'm working on a new landscape (what else is new?!) and trying to manage to keep it to pretty much black & white. Not sure how successful I'll be but won't know until I try.

Jackie said...

Hmmm, I might have to check out the Dollar Store a bit more often. The picture is great.

Me, well being ill I haven't gotten a lot accomplished on my projects. I did finish my embroidery today and the flimsy was pretty much done before I became ill.

God bless.

DB Stewart said...

Paint by numbers sure does bring back happy (Canadian) childhood memories. As does Luba.

Sharon said...

The cross stitch is really coming along. I love the Paint by Numbers! I can't remember the last time I did one of those. I used to do them when I was younger, but not recently.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...