Sunday, June 2, 2019

Downtown Brampton, Ontario

It was our grand daughter Jeina's 3rd birthday party. It was held at the Peel Art Gallery Museum and Archives.  I haven't been there before despite living in Brampton for a number of years.

 Sorry about the thumb!!!  It had a big extension put on it.
  Opposite the museum is Gage Park, which is a gorgeous place with a lovely skating rink in the winter.
Beside the museum is St. Paul's United Church, which was dedicated in 1885.  I "think" we have been to a couple of weddings there.  That's sad I know, when I can't remember. 
 On the kitty corner from the museum is Brampton City Hall.  Since the last time I had seen it, they have added the glass building behind it as an addition to the main building.  You can see more photos of it here.


 A closer look at the extension.  We parked in the underground car park of city hall.
Things have changed so much since we lived in Brampton.  It's a fast growing city that changes every time I go there.  A  good time was had by all at the party.

7 comments:

Joy said...

So glad you had a lovely time.
xx

barbara woods said...

Always good to see birthday parties of grands

William Kendall said...

I'm very familiar with this area, but have never been in that gallery.

Chris said...

I have never been in Brampton although I have friends who live there. There seems to be lots to see. Maybe time for a visit...!

Karen said...

I think one of my children works in that municipal building.

Jenn Jilks said...

Architecture is an interesting subject! Great photos.

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds like a fun party and day out.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...