Saturday, June 8, 2019

Appleby Lane - Tote's......

I actually like making tote bags the best of all things, no idea why?

I am very proud of the knitting bags, as this is my own pattern and as I knit I think it will work perfectly for it's purpose.

The bag itself is around 17 inches wide by 13 inches high.  It's 100 % cotton fabric and has fleece interfacing on all the exterior fabrics and light interfacing on the rest.  They are $45 each, and are heavy duty and well worth the money in my humble opinion.  They are made with love, as I thoroughly enjoy making them.  I just love this fabric combination, the red just pops and red is my favourite colour.


 It has a magnetic snap and two big pockets on the inside for all your bits and bobs.  On either end of the bag there are two outside elasticated pockets that are around 8 inches deep.
 Closer look at the inside pockets.
 Exactly the same but different fabric.  Isn't this a fun fabric?
 Again a close up look at the pockets.
 This bag will hold a lot.
I do have a little of this yarn fabric to make another knitting tote.  It's yellow, coral, teal and grey.  I should be listing in the next few days, time permitting.

The Farmer's Market Foldable Totes, are made with an indoor/outdoor type fabric.  They are 16 inches high and 14 inches wide and fold down to around 6 inches square.  They are not lined but are durable, machine washable, and all the seams are enclosed with french seams.  These are so useful and so pretty.    They are $15 each.  Do you like the sunflower buttons, very Farmer's Market-isque!!  

Thistle Canvas Tote,  17 inches wide by 15 inches high.  Fully lined with a large pocket and a magnetic snap closure. $25  Heavy Duty, prefect to carry around everyday.  I could see this being used as a book bag.
 Green leaf cotton lining.  Matching large pocket.
I will be making more tote bags, I just haven't had time to make more before opening the shop.  If you have time check my Facebook Page Appleby Lane by mid-afternoon Canadian time on Saturday.

8 comments:

Joy said...

Found the group and am following!
xx

Arlene G said...

Beautiful bags Gill!! Best of luck on your new endeavor.

mamasmercantile said...

Your choice of fabrics is stunning, great makes. Wishing you every success on your new venture.

Fishcake_random said...

Beautiful fabrics x

barbara woods said...

love your bags

Anne in the kitchen said...

Your totes are wonderful!

William Kendall said...

Very photogenic!

Rose said...

I hope these sell well for you...my daughters are all the time saying I should make stuff to sell, but I never have luck selling things. But I like to make useful things...I bet that is why you like making what you make.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...