Monday, April 24, 2023

Thought I'd pop in to say hello!

 

I am in between coats of paint in the bathroom.  I am getting on like a house on fire.  

Bathrooms are fiddly rooms to paint aren't they?  It took me ages just to tape everything.  That step makes it a lot easier in the long run.  I will have two coats of paint put on the walls today.  May get two coats of paint on the trim tomorrow.  At the most I will be done by Wednesday afternoon.  Then it will be just a case of putting everything back together.  Not having to paint the ceiling is a huge bonus.  Plus we fixed all the nails pops etc. in the room when I decorated last time.  So this is basically just a refresh this time round.

This is turning out to be a perfect week also to do this as it is cool and dreary, so no gardening for me.

I am also plugging away at a puzzle.  Picked it up at Costco on sale last week, its 1000 pieces:

I put a piece in it every time I pass on by the dining room table.
Well, I had better get on, doing laundry in between everything and a bit of tidying up.  Got a funny story to share with you about my Dyson!!  Which I am loving by the way........will get that posted in the next day or two.



7 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I hate painting a bathroom more than any other room...so much to work around. Our bathroom is old and the tile around the tub is original (prob. 50 years old) and trying to come up with any sort of colour that 'works' with the pattern in the tile is a lesson in frustration.
That puzzle looks like a fun one to do.

Maggie said...

Hope you get all you painting done as you have planned. We are in the middle of decorating the bedroom at the moment, it's taking a while because Mark is away during the week so will be a while before i'm at the painting stage. I've had a cordless Dyson for a few years now, would never go back to a corded hover again.

Joy said...

I'm sure the bathroom is going to look really lovely and well worth the work. xx

Practical Parsimony said...

I am the person who never tapes to paint. I love cutting and trim. I hate using a roller so ex did that. And, I did it perfectly. I even used my left hand on the left side of doors and windows even though I am right-handed. I just do.
What is the puzzle?

Karen said...

I'm trying to get the ambition to paint my bathroom ceiling. It was cedar once upon a time. About five years ago I got several coats of a good white sealing paint on the walls but only managed one on the ceiling before running out. The cedar is "bleeding" now so I had to buy another gallon of the very expensive special paint. Now I need ambition...

Jenn Jilks said...

Good work. We played today, meeting friends in Kingston for lunch.

William Kendall said...

I like the look of that puzzle.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...