Thursday, April 13, 2023

Felt every one of my years and a few more

As I am writing this on Wednesday night I am feeling every one of my years, plus a few more.

I hadn't planned on having a busy day, but that's exactly how it turned out.

I managed to accomplish a lot so that was good BUT my body is not happy with me.

  • I washed the rugs on the main floor
  • Wrote two books reviews, here and here.
  • Applied two coats of paint to the outside frame of the front door.  The weather we have been having is making it a perfect time to paint.
  • Went to the north of the city to pick up my monthly produce bag:
In this months were the usual carrots, onions and potatoes.  Along with cherry tomatoes, 2 regular tomatoes, a bunch of spring onions, a bunch of celery, which I donated to the food bank as we hate celery.  A bunch of bananas, Fuji apples and 5 oranges.  The oranges are past their best and will no doubt have to throw most of them out.

  • Called in at Homesense to pick up a couple of things.  The store in the north of the city is so much better than the one in the south.
  • Called in at Fabricland to pick up some fabric, as I want to recover the seat cushions from the chairs on the front porch.  That's a job for next week.
  • Made potato salad, as the bunch of spring onions looked iffy.  I add hard boiled eggs, spring onions, potatoes, mayonnaise and seasoning to my salad, very straight forward.

  • Put the living room back together.
  • Finished off my cross stitch; it looks great and will share photos on Friday.
  • Made supper, salad, potato salad and deli meat, with fruit, jello and yogurt for pudding.
  • Sat myself down for the night!!
Here's hoping Thursday isn't as busy!!

7 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

That was a lot to do in one day. I couldn't do all that in a month. Now, I am going to get a snack of my potato salad. Well, it is the rest of my dinner I did not eat.

Donna said...

You have more energy than I do! Wow...full day!
Can't wait to see the cross stitch...
hugs
Donna

My Piece of Earth said...

Jobs done and dusted, you were busy. Made me tired reading about what you did.

Look forward to seeing the cross stitch.

Cheryl said...

I just made potato salad for dinner and never thought to add spring onions. I like celery in mine.

50 and counting said...

Did you put the green onions into a glass of water? It keeps them hydrated and propogates new growth for trimming.

Jeanie said...

Gee, if I did all that I'd probably be comatose. No wonder!

William Kendall said...

Very busy indeed

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...