Sunday, April 23, 2023

Wet and dreary.........

 Saturday was a wet and dreary day.  We had no hydro from around 5:45 am until 7:45 am which was unusual for us.  

I decided in the afternoon to sew the final cushions for the front porch.  It really adds a pop of colour to the front porch and I am in love with the fabric choice.

I added two elastic straps to the back of the cushion to secure them to the back of the chair.
I got one inch thick foam from Len's Mill and for the two pieces it was just over $10.  So all in all this project cost just under $70.  To purchase new cushions would be a lot more.


6 comments:

T'Pol said...

They have become happy chairs. Great job! My sister's favorite flowers are poppies. Mine are sunflowers.

Donna said...

Oh I Love the cushions!! Beautifully done!
hugs
Donna

Jackie McGuinness said...

I love that material! I was thinking yesterday that I felt like sewing something. Maybe I should make cushions for our balcony chairs. They are pretty dull looking.

Practical Parsimony said...

I love the fabric. Yes, they would cost more if you bought cushions.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I envy you those cushions! Red poppies are a favourite of mine so I would love those on our balcony.

William Kendall said...

Well done!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...