Friday, April 21, 2023

Not sure what's going on.......

I am writing this Friday afternoon, and am feeling everyone of my years and more again........

It seems as though it is a regular occurrence now to be shattered by mid afternoon.  Could be a sign I am getting old ๐Ÿ˜or just doing too much?

In Canada the Bed, Bath and Beyond stores are all closing down, they close down this weekend.  I popped into HomeSense to look for a bed pillow for hubby and they didn't have one, so decided to pop into BBB.

Didn't realize it was their last couple of days of trading and they had between 70 to 90% off everything that was left in the store.  Long story short I picked up some things and saved over $300.  That included birthday gifts for the grands, a King Size sheet set, some towels and other bits and bobs.  Rang dd on the way home and told her about it.  Ended up going back again and picked up this lot for her:

There are 2 x double sheet sets, 1 x king sheet set and 2 x double mattress pads, all for under $75.

When I got up on Friday morning I looked out the back door and saw some robins flying around.  Looked down and saw this:
Those *loody robins are now trying to nest on top of the light fixture, which is right beside the patio door.  So I stuck that light thingy on top of the fixture to try and prevent that happening.  I swear those robins are going to be the death of me!!

Then I got a new "toy" on Friday and it cost us nothing, as hubby cashed in some of his points from his work's credit card (with his boss's permission.)
It's a Dyson V15 Detect, vacuum cleaner.  I have been wanting to get a cordless one for a while, but was put off having a Dyson as its a problem getting warranty work done here in Canada, or so I have been told.  I have a hard time lugging my vacuum cleaner up and down the stairs, and figured this one will fit in one of the closets upstairs.  Hubby will also put a plug/socket in the closet so I can plug it in to charge.  Will let you know how I get on with it in a few weeks time.

Just a heads up, blogging will be sporadic over the next week or so, as I am going to be decorating the bathroom for a few days.  


8 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

No doubt you're still recovering from that bug you had awhile ago...from what I hear it takes awhile.
Good buy on the sheets. Alas none of those stores near where I live.

maureenlthompson said...

I am curious as to how good the cordless vacuums are so look forward to your report.
Have a great weekend and what great bargains you got at BBB. Well done!

William Kendall said...

And Robin's won't go for nesting boxes.

Jackie said...

I hope that you are not coming down with something, though I have noticed wanting to nap many an afternoon here, or falling asleep with my glasses on my face and a book in hand when I have my nightly reading time.

God bless.

Joy said...

You really did save a fortune there - how lucky to notice it was closing.

Looking forward to seeing some photos of the finished bathroom. Hope it all goes well. xx

Linda said...

I've been missing at my website, with the nicer weather I am trying to get outside as much as possible. I hear you about being tired in the afternoons, and you aren't as old as me. I get a raise in my pension this month after reaching the age of 75! Rainy today, which plays havoc with my arthritis. You got some great deals at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Practical Parsimony said...

A robin managed to build a nest on top of the downspout from the gutters. Thankfully, it is at the end of the porch, far from the door. Too bad about BBB, but you got some great deals for you and your daughter. Your afternoon problems may have to do with coming down with something or getting over something. I was just reading an article comparing Dysons. I hope it works well for you and never needs a repair.

Rose said...

I have another blog friend who has a battery operated dyson and she loves it. I would like one for around my sewing area. LOL

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...