Saturday, April 8, 2023

Good Friday was a good day.........

Did some cleaning, did the laundry, changed the sheets and have now gone from the winter flannel sheets to the lighter cotton weight sheets, hubby is not going to be happy, but I will be 😉

Dd is hosting Easter this year on Easter Saturday, so my contribution to the meal are some baked goods, which I prepared on Friday.  Will share photos with you at a later date.

We had snow flakes on Good Friday morning.  Now even though the sun was shining and the skies were blue, it was nippy cold out there.  We went for a quick walk around the block later in the afternoon with our hoods up and wooly hats on.  That wind was biting.

I managed to finish all the background's in the numbered squares on my cross stitch and am now doing all the back stitch before I start on the borders.  I want all the numbered squares finished off first.


Looking forward to Easter Saturday, hope to have lots of photos.

5 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I use flannel sheets year round. I no longer like the cool, smooth sheets, just fuzzy warm sheets.

William Kendall said...

Enjoy your Easter.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

We haven't quite gotten to putting the cotton sheets on and doubt we will for at least another month. Depends on the weather of course and for now it's still cold. I wish we had a set of sheets that was somewhere between cozy flannel and summer cotton.
Enjoy your Easter weekend.

Donna said...

I have to sleep cool these days...
hugs
Donna

Barbara Anne said...

Just discovered I can comment!

I use jersey sheets between putting the winter flannel sheets away and getting out the summer cotton sheets. We find them perfect, cozy enough, but not too warm. I also use the jersey sheets during the autumn.

Love your cross stitch and you give me hope I may finally finish a cross stitch sampler I started a couple of decades ago.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...