Sunday, November 21, 2021

Okay back again

It's been a miserable couple of weeks.  I went back to the dentist and my tooth was cracked.  So they put me on antibiotics for a week, then removed my tooth on Friday November 12th.  Now because I have had a dry socket before he decided to put a stitch in it to prevent that.  Naturally it wasn't pain free, but this isn't the first time I have had a tooth out.  However by Wednesday I had, had enough.  Got an emergency appointment and he took the stitch out (thank goodness) and packed my socket with medication.  It was swollen, but he said it was healing.  As I am writing this on Sunday morning, it is still sore but manageable.

Due to all this pain and a few other things that have gone on, I have had a personality transplant, and miserable doesn't even begin to describe how I have been....LOL  Poor dh has been ready to move out, but I do feel I am on the other side of all of this.

Adding to all this misery I have been dealing with an issue with my fridge.  It's a simple issue but it's a $200 part and warranty will cover it.  However dealing with the warranty folk is making me lose the will to live at times😏  Suffice to say, if you are thinking of buying appliances, DO NOT by KitchenAid they are not worth the money.  Our fridge is less than 3 years old.  I paid over $5 thousand for it and the ice maker bucket is rusting out.



Hopefully this will get sorted out this week, but I am not holding my breath.  Thankfully the fridge is operational without this part as this mess has been going on for over two weeks now.

The blog is going to change a bit for the next 30 days as I am embarking on a 30 day challenge on the treadmill.  So I will be posting daily and using this blog as a diary to write how I get on.

I have lost 17 lbs in the past 8 weeks.  It's been a hard slog, but I am determined not to give up.  This challenge I am hoping will spur me on as I have a goal of wanting to lose 25lbs (total) before I talk to the doctor sometime during the week of December 20th.

My sugar levels are improving.  My clothes are fitting a whole lot better, some are even looking too big😁  I am trying to do two 30 minute walks everyday, and they are up and down hills.  I am trying to walk around 30 miles a week, as that is my preferred method of exercise, but the weather is getting worse as we head into the end of November.

So it will be interesting to see how this challenge goes.  I hope you can follow along.

8 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

I need to lose weight! What kind of diet are you following?

Stella said...

I think I'll do this along with you. I have a stationary bike and an aero pilates. Can tell I need to lose weigh because of my breathing. If I drop 20 ponds I will breathe alot better.

William Kendall said...

Bravo on the weight. I can relate to the pain. I'm recovering from getting hurt in a fall about a week ago.

Jackie said...

Great job on the weight loss. You can do it!!!

So sorry that your tooth caused you so much pain. Hopefully things get even better as the days pass.

God bless.

Unknown said...

I've seen you hustling along...feel free to borrow Gizmo 🤣

Karen said...

We had a Kitchenaid stove for all of two weeks when the computer went kaput. Why does a stove need a computer?

Winifred said...

Oh that sounds so painful. At least you didn't have an infection.

That's an amazing weight loss Gill, best of luck losing the next pounds.

Rose said...

Way to go on losing weight.

As for the fridge, I could rant and rave till I am blue in the face over appliances. And I have not had near the trouble as some people. Just my washer is a water saving one, and my clothes are not very dirty...but in order to feel like they are thoroughly washed, I put the clothes in, add a gallon or two of water, then turn it on. Two or three places said that water was added according to the weight, so first add water before turning it on. Also, I double rinse. I told Roger I don't know what I would do if I had a lot of laundry that had to be done. To get one load done takes so long! The one thing about it, it really does spin the water out of the clothes!

But the guys that put it in says it will probably only last 6 or 7 years.

If the government is worried about all the garbage we have...the carbon footprint, hold companies to a higher standard. I have heard horror stories of an LG appliance going bad...my washer is whirlpool...I had a Kenmore stove with the ceramic top that the oven messed up and would have burned the house down if I had not been here...and it was probably under 5 yrs old. I had to go to the electric box and flip the switch there to turn it off. So just what appliance can we buy that is any good?

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...