Thursday, November 4, 2021

Best Nana EVER!!!!

I am seeing four of the grands this weekend, so got them a little treat.  The Pokemon are for the girls and he Justice League is for Liam.  I didn't pay the full $6.99 for Liam's.

I remember these first time round, now they are back in "fashion."

So a funny story about Pokemon and the girls.  Nora is in Grade 3.  The Grade 3's are banned from trading the cards at school as it's too distracting.  Paige is in senior Kindergarten, and the Kindergarten kids are in a fenced off area.  They are not allowed to go out of their area at recess.

Paige has been bringing home various Pokemon cards, so her mom has been asking her where she has been getting them from.  She said other kids have been giving her them through the chain link fence.

Sort of reminds you of a prison where folk from the outside slip the inmates contraband through the fence!!  Are Pokemon cards, the drug equivalent for kids?

Now I have had a heck of a job tracking down these Pokemon cards, and given that I know diddly squat about them, I finally got them from Fun Zone Comic and Cards.  Super nice people and but very overwhelming for someone though who isn't into comic books and cards.  He was saying Pokemon cards sell out as fast as they come in.  

I have a feeling I need to educate myself on these, as all the school age grands love them!!

3 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

When I was talking to my daughter about what her son was wearing as a costume for Halloween, she said he was going as pikachu. I had to go to Walmart and ask where they were. This was about 25 years ago or when they first came out. I was so behind. When I went up to NYC, I was able to see Blues Clues and all the cartoons she said he liked. It was a whole new world!

Joy said...

I know very little about them except that they were banned at school because they caused too many fights.
xx

Karen said...

I got lots of them at Dollarama. My grandson is crazy for Pokiemon

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...