Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Shades of Purple.........

I didn't realize how many purple flowers we have in the garden. Here are some of them:

I don't know what this is called, but the bumble bees just love it:



Bachelor's Button:



The purple clematis, flowering for the second time:



One of my hosta's with a purple flower:



Lavender:



Lupin:



Pansy:



I don't know the name of this plant, but I call it a Martha Stewart plant, as it has those yellow/green leaves she always goes on about.



I don't know what this one is called either, but it comes in white as well.



There are many more purple plants, this is just a few of them.

12 comments:

Cathi said...

Your garden must be an absolute delight to look at! Love the purple flowers!

Anonymous said...

This is excellent post I want to you all the best

Anonymous said...

- great pictures and this is excellent post I want to you all the best

Ginnie said...

Lovely flowers, I like purple. we have a lovely delphinium (sp?)in a dark purple + lots of lavender (my fav)

Sabra said...

Purple IS my favorite color. Can't stand that you've done this with gardening, Gill. I am "green" with envy... Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous.

Tanja said...

Great pictures, and I envy your garden! Here in Arizona we got cactus and they don't change much during the year :-)

Tanja

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

pretty pretty purples !

cheshire wife said...

It looks like you have a lovely garden.

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Lovely photos! It still looks very Summery there. Here it is Sun/Showers/Sun/Showers. Probably the same as when you were here years ago.

Gill - That British Woman said...

thank you for all your lovely comments......

Gill

DeniseinVA said...

Checking in late tonight. Beautiful flowers in your garden. I noticed the lavender. My post today is all about it. Just love it and now found out it's good to keep away mosquitoes, according to someone I met today :)))))

willow and moo said...

Such pretty flowers! You need a purple/blue hydrangea. ;-)

Binge watched this on the weekend..............

Thoroughly enjoyed it, though it showed how some countries don't seem to want to play nice with one another, despite being on the same s...