I had a busy day on Tuesday, doing all sorts of bits and bobs. Below are some seeds I am starting. On the left of the photo are four sections of the egg carton with White Spruce seeds. I have no idea where I got the seeds from. However I don't know if they will take, as I soaked them for twenty four hours and only three of them sank in the water.
On the other end of the egg carton I planted some marigolds. I know I am a little early with them, but thought I'd give it a go.
Today's money saving tip:
2. Before placing your flowers in a vase, be sure to remove any leaves that would be under water, but avoid removing any thorns (from Roses) as this shortens the life of your rose.
3. Prematurely Wilted roses are a result of air bubbles and/or bacteria. To prevent air-bubbles simply cut a new stem (under running water and at a slant).
4. Warm or Cold Water? Lukewarm is best for most cut flowers, but use Cold water for any flowers resulting from Bulbs such as tulips, hyacinths, etc.
5. Think your cut flowers look nice on your table with your fruit bowl? Think again! Fruit releases a natural gas that will cause your flowers to "age" and thus die sooner.
6. Keep Away from Direct Sunlight
All tips from this site
I know I have mentioned this a couple of times, but I am loving Swagbucks. I just cashed in my points again on Tuesdays night for another $5 Amazon e-card. That will be $40 worth of Amazon e-card I have received since the end of November. If you want to know more just let me know, as its so easy to do.