Thursday, August 20, 2026

Photos from the lake.......

First let me say I am quite sure there are many "correct terms/names" when it comes to describing things to do with a lake........  You're not going to find them here.........as I haven't a clue when it comes to boats etc!!

We went to Gravenhurst the other week and it's on Lake Muskoka (I think?)  So I took some photos.

A guy on a mobility scooter was fishing on the dock, where I took this photo, so I got talking to him about the lake.  It's around 150 feet at it's deepest.  Here by the dock it's about 6 feet deep, with around 3 feet of weeds.  I could see a lot of "tiddlers"/tiny fish about 3 or 4 inches long but he said there were a number of bigger fish further out.  

He also said he "fell" in the lake on his mobility scooter and people had to dive in to rescue him as he can't swim 😐😕😦😬 I asked him if he was trying to catch his supper, and that's when he said; "he goes down to the lake more for company than anything else, and to talk to people like myself."


There is a Boston Pizza on the lake and we had our lunch on the outside patio overlooking the lake.  It was so nice and peaceful.........
Now my friend on the mobility scooter was telling me these "Yahoo's" drive there speed boots down from their daddies mansions on a Saturday morning to the marina for their morning coffee on a weekend.......
Then they go, speeding back to the mansion's.........

You can take a boat cruise on the steamship, Segwun.  We didn't bother, but it seemed pretty busy.
It is a very pretty area to explore, that's for sure.

12 comments:

My Piece of Earth said...

I haven't been to Muskoka lake, it looks like a nice place to visit. Glad you enjoyed your time there.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

The 'Yahoo's' certainly do know how to spoil things for everybody else. Muskoka is a beautiful place and we've often gone there for day trips. Alas those days are over because the RC can't ride in the car that long.

Sandra said...

This sounds like a very pleasant day, especially finding someone to chat with who appreciates your company.

Anne in the kitchen said...

That is a beautiful lake.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Glorious captures, Gill. I love ❤️ the water.

Barbara said...

Muskoka is such a beautiful area. Yes, there are a lot of very large cottages up there.

Jane said...

What a pretty area! It looks like you had a lovely day exploring around the lake.

Lowcarb team member said...

It does look a very pretty area, I enjoyed your photographs.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

It's a lovely lake. But I wouldn't want to fall in with a mobility scooter.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am so glad there were people there to rescue the guy on the scooter!

Ami said...

Lovely place!

angela said...

It’s sad that he needs to come to the lake to connect with people. I guess he is lucky in that he can get there.
In the summer we will often buy fish and chips and eat at the foreshore.
Being local we tend to bump into many friends and neighbours doing the same.

Binge watched this on the weekend..............

Thoroughly enjoyed it, though it showed how some countries don't seem to want to play nice with one another, despite being on the same s...