We went to a Farmer's Market/Craft Show the other day in a place called Gravenhurst. We've been to Gravenhurst before and I will share more photos from there; but in this post I wanted to talk about selling home made crafts.
As many of you know I have done that with my sewing, so I know how much work is involved creating your masterpieces to sell. I also know first hand, that if you were to charge for all your time, plus materials in creating your items, no one would want to buy them at crazy price. So I do appreciate it when items are priced fairly. Finishing off your items to a highest standard is a must in my books, as it's a very competitive market out there. They must look as professional as possible and I must say there were a couple of vendors at the market where the finished product needed a bit of polishing up to bring it up to standard!
Now onto things I was impressed with.
RedBeard Yarn. A super nice guy and I just loved all his colours. The majority of his yarn is $20 a skien, I think he said the mohair was more?
He told me he is having a giveaway, I am guessing on Instagram? His Instagram link is here This hat was knit with his dyed yarn that he calls Skittles. He didn't have any left in stock. I was very tempted to buy some yarn, but I haven't done any knitting in ages. I am sure if I look around I will find some yarn in the house. However, yarn is like fabric; you can't have enough!!
This lady lake glass/pebble pictures. The quality was a super, and she does custom orders.
Reflections In Stone.
This lady's Instagram page is @earthen_obession I really loved her platters. You can see more of her items there. And yes, I did pick up the poppy, as everyone knows I adore poppies. I think it was a brooch? I talked to her for a bit, as our daughter did a pottery course through parks and recreation and was telling her about that. I loved the glazes this lady did. Finally I loved this lady's products and plan on buying some closer to Christmas. I was very taken with the Fruit Loops soap, and the Unicorn Poop soap...LOL Here is her Instagram link where you will see more of her products. 
If you get a chance check out this people all deserve our custom!
No comments:
Post a Comment