Saturday, August 29, 2026

Seriously.................

 saw this in Costco on August 25th............


Way, way to early for Christmas stuff 😔

12 comments:

Jeanneke said...

Ridiculous, isn't it? Last Wednesday I spotted the first 'Sinterklaas' sweets and other children seductive stuff (Dutch festivity on December 5th.) in one of the bigger supermarkets here in the Netherlands.
(Family)Traditions in many forms get lost and become / are overtaken by commerce / money / spending.

Joanne in Massachusetts said...

Way too early but rather ugly.
I assume I'm suppose to recognize it as from some movie? Perhaps The Grinch who stole Christmas?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow - talk about retailers trying to make the almighty buck! Guess they figure if they push Christmas people will forget about buying Canadian.

Belinda said...

Oh my gosh! Yes, way too early!

My Piece of Earth said...

Absolutely ridiculous! and I must add ugly. I saw Halloween things in the stores yesterday, and thought that to be much too early for those.

Lowcarb team member said...

Yep! Christmas is in the shops here too!

All the best Jan

Sandra said...

I saw a comment somewhere that said retailers are feeling the pinch so they are trying to activate interest. I don’t know that this works.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I think it is too early for even Halloween stuff to be out, much less Christmsas

Angela said...

I went into a shop for a gardening product and was told "garden section has gone now, to make way for Christmas stuff"

Jeanie said...

I'm not even ready for Halloween!

Barbara said...

I agree. It’s way too early. It’s not the only store that has started selling Christmas stuff already.

Nelliegrace said...

The fireworks for Bonfire Month will start soon. Eater eggs and buns with crosses anyone?

New Bird Feeder

When my mother came over in the summer, she brought over this bird feeder in the shape of a British telephone box.  The only problem with it...