As you know I have been selling a bit of stuff on Facebook Marketplace this year; and have been quite successful with decluttering stuff. However, it's now been put on hold until October, and for an unusual reason.
We live in a small tucked away, on it's own subdivision at the south end of the city. There is a pretty easy way to get to where we live from the rest of the city but it involves using a particular intersection/road. Back at the beginning of July they closed off this intersection for road works. Luckily there are a couple of other ways to get to us, but one involves going through another subdivision and they are building houses all over the place there. The second way also means going along a larger road, which is also partially closed down with road works.
"The straw that broke the camel's back" though was back in July when I decided to sell a pair of bowling shoes I had to a "directionally challenged" woman. I truly thought I was going to lose my mind with her. She was driving and her husband was in the passenger seat, and she wouldn't listen to anything he or I said!!!
After dealing with her, I decided I would hold off from selling anything else until the intersection is open in October!!
I did however sell this coffee/dessert set in June, after it being put on Facebook Marketplace back in the summer of 2025.
The reason it sat so long, was it is a Ukrainian brand, therefore a specialized item. It sold to a man who was originally from the Ukraine.
So roll on October, when the intersection is open, and I can get back to decluttering!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment