Tuesday, August 18, 2026

My newest Cross Stitch project.

I have actually have had this kit for a while, but just haven't got around to doing it.  I got it from Bothy Threads and they do ship world wide. It incorporates two things I love.  British Robin's, they are better looking than North American Robins, who I think are tall and skinny and not as red.  Also Wrendale Designs, I just love Wrendale Designs and that whole design aesthetic.

I will say thought I am finding it hard going for some strange reason.  I am thinking the more I get done the easier it will become.  It's a whole lot of colour changes in a small area and a whole lot of red tones.

I am hoping to have this completed by Christmas........I think I will have to stop the reading for a while, to get this done!!

13 comments:

Maggie said...

That's a cute stitch. I do love Wrendale designs, only every stitched one, the bunny one, two many threads going on for my brain, lol

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm looking so forward to watching your progress! I love her designs and have drooled over them many times.

Sandra said...

This looks like a complicated project. It's strange when I think about it. I did a lot of embroidery in my 20s and never since. Embroidery doesn't seem like a thing twenty-somethings would do!

Gill - That British Woman said...

I think that's it Maggie, I am so confused with the variations, it's making my eyes hurt...LOL

Gill - That British Woman said...

me too, I would buy a bunch if it wasn't for the fact I will never get them all done.

Gill - That British Woman said...

Oh I don't know Sandra, I have been doing cross stich since the mid 80's when I was in my 20's. I go through spurts of doing them; and when I do them I generally do big pieces like this.......

Jane said...

That is a lot of red and a whole lot of color changes in such a small area. Hopefully it gets easier as you get further along. It’s going to be really pretty when it’s finished, though.

Jackie said...

What a cute project. I have a couple of cross stitch pieces started that I really should finish very soon. I always thought English robins were so much cuter than ours.

God bless.

Dreaming said...

that's a darling design! Keep at it....you can do it!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a pretty design it will be beautiful when finished!

Meanqueen said...

It's a cute design. I would run out of steam by the time I got halfway through it. The trick I think is to leave it out on a table and do a few stitches every time I walk past it.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like anything Wrendale and this looks a great design.

All the best Jan

angela said...

Your eyes must be very healthy.
I would need my magnifying light to attempt any cross stitch

Can't get this song out of my head for some reason..........

  It was written in 1949 by Kirsty MacColl's dad, Ewan MacColl .  Kirsty MacColl sang with the Pogues, The Fairytale of New York.  The ...