Tuesday, August 11, 2026

One of the best books I have read in a while..........

 Yesteryear by Caro Claire Burke

I picked up a damaged copy of this book during a "moonlight sale" in a town where we were visiting the other week.  I had seen it advertised and it looked interesting.  Thought it would be a book I would enjoy.

Prior to reading this, I thought it would be pretty straight forward, but the more I got into the book, the more the author twisted the storyline, until at the end, you went wow, I wasn't expecting that.

I understand where the author got the idea about the "influencer" part of the story from, in fact I could see from "which influencer's" she based her main character on, Ballerina Farm and The Pioneer Woman, just to name a couple.  I will say the main character, Natalie got on my nerves after a while, but I just had to read more, as I didn't understand the going back to the 1800's part of the story.

I gave it a very solid 4 out of 5 stars.  However, there was a lot of mixed reviews about this book.  Was it worth all the hype?  A bit, because despite reading a week or two ago, I am still thinking about it.  The ending was what made the book for me, I could never have predicted the ending..........

Have you read it?  If so what are your thoughts?


7 comments:

Maggie said...

Yes I've read ot and really enjoyed it too. I think it's a marmite book, I like things that are a bit different and this was certainly different

Gill - That British Woman said...

yes Maggie, that is a good way of describing it, it was different

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I haven't read it, but I'll be putting it on my list because it sounds good. Thank you for the review. (btw - the best book I've read recently is 'Theo of Golden' by Allen Levi).

Lowcarb team member said...

I've not read it!
Pleased you enjoyed it.

All the best Jan

Angela said...

My daughter asked me about it yesterday. I am intrigued now....

Sharon said...

I haven't heard of that one. Must admit, I'm trying to stay away from looking up too many books as I have way too many already! Sounds interesting though

Sandra said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I will read it.

Halloween Cross Stitch.........

In the past 40 years I have been doing cross stitch, I have never done a Halloween Cross Stitch.  Do you remember when I did the Christmas C...